Anyone interested in a R50 winch bumper?

projekz

I believe an Xterra bumper will fit with a little modding. I was also looking at an XJ bumper, nice & small & it should fit although the Cherokee is about 2" narrower than a Pathy I think.

• 1 year later...

From my research at this forum and online, the only company that is producing R50 bumpers is tactical armor group. I have heard that they are unreliable and their quality is questionable. Also from my research,I gather that a modified xj bumper will work. The mounting points are suppost to align but custom tie-in brackets must be fabbed. The bumper is also narrower than the pathy's. Dirtbound offroad and rough country both offer DIY xj bumpers for under $500. That might be the way to go since it has to be modified anyway. Smitty-built has a nice xj bumper at a reasonable price also. Ihave not tried any of these options yet so if anyone more knowlegeable can correct me ,feel free. Best regards, Tim

• 4 weeks later...

An XJ Smittybilt or OR-FAB will also most likely be the way I'll go with mine and fab it so it will fit when the time comes. The front bumper is the one thing I hate the most about the face lifted R50

I was telling duke90 about these guys: http://www.jcroffroad.com/PLST.html. All Jeep stuff. They've got a line of DIY bumpers for $300-$400 shipped free. You just fold the pieces up, weld the seams, and finish it. I figure you could probably weld up everything except the bumper mounts, fab your own mounts for the R50 (or any vehicle really), and be done with it. They even have a winch version. I think the width is right for the XJ/MJ, but it isn't as tall of course so it probably shows some stuff.

Edited by hawairish