Hi from New Zealand

slide

Hi everyone. Thought I might do the honourable thing and introduce myself.

I've had a bit of a look round these forum, seems to be a good ol wealth of info :)

My Names Nathan, I've owned my d21 terrano (td27t, 5spd) for 6odd years now, and been 4x4n and slowly modifying it for the last few.

Got plently more plans for it, but can only be done as time and finances allow.

Its one of my daily drivers, the other a s13 silvia. Wifes cars an a32 cefiro. Oh yea, I love Nissans..

Heres a pic of my beasty, taken 2 winters ago

tiny3.jpg

:welcome:

You have to get a better pic.

You got good taste, Terrano's are awsome. Correction: it's WD21 not D21 this is for the pick up.

Everything you need is here, so have fun and keep us up-to-date.

Correction: it's WD21 not D21 this is for the pick up.

Yes, you're correct. We just get lazy in New Zealand, ie if someone has terrano we ask 'D21 or R50'?

Other pic was a bit small, this should be better.

Things I've done so far-

Rear Lsd install,

Snorkell added,

Mufflers deleted, resonater installed (still 2" pipe)

EGR delete, EGT guage, boost upped to 15psi

15x7 steel rims and 31x10.5 tyres (very worn and measure only 29" :( )

'2wd' steering swap, homemade idler brace

changed towbar with detachable tongue, recovery hook or towball options.

Lifted rear springs, and torsions wound to match (gentle lift only)

Plans to be done soon,

front rated hooks and nudge bar install

front lsd install

rubber flares

better and larger tyres

But more important, try and get out more and have fun in it!

(been a lot limited for time recently, work and family commitments)

SDC14335-2.jpg

Edited by slide
  • Like 1

Nah, I'm not confused at all. 'W' stands for 'wagon' right?

And terrano is only available as a wagon. So if all I said was 'terrano', you will know its a wagon, but not whether it is a torsion front, seperate chassis, or mcpherson strut monocoque construction.

You would know by year, but for a 1995, (when both type are available) what would you ask? I would ask if its r50 or d21

I suppose correctly I would describe it as 'q-wbyd21'

But I'm not sure why to say its a wagon wagon d21?

You are correct, I'm just trying to explain my logic. Maybe I'm a left-field thinker :shiftyeyes:

Does anyone have a link to what all the digits in the chassis number translate to?

Would be good,

Cheers, Nath

Ps what you call hardbody, (the (no W)D21) we know as navara, but I believe are the same other than name (and LHD, RHD etc)

You are confused... let's get things right:

Your Terrano is a WD21.

Nah, I'm not confused at all. 'W' stands for 'wagon' right?

And terrano is only available as a wagon. So if all I said was 'terrano', you will know its a wagon, but not whether it is a torsion front, seperate chassis, or mcpherson strut monocoque construction.

You would know by year, but for a 1995, (when both type are available) what would you ask? I would ask if its r50 or d21

I suppose correctly I would describe it as 'q-wbyd21'

But I'm not sure why to say its a wagon wagon d21?

You are correct, I'm just trying to explain my logic. Maybe I'm a left-field thinker :shiftyeyes:

Does anyone have a link to what all the digits in the chassis number translate to?

Would be good,

Cheers, Nath

Ps what you call hardbody, (the (no W)D21) we know as navara, but I believe are the same other than name (and LHD, RHD etc)

Man, I'm really lost...

Here in Portugal we don't call it hardbody either and only call it Navarra for newer models from '95 up... this one we just call it d21

Man, I'm really lost...

Here in Portugal we don't call it hardbody either and only call it Navarra for newer models from '95 up... this one we just call it d21

Ah, now I see. We in New Zealand have D21 utility called Navara from approx 1986- 1998 (when d22 navara came out)

So the 'D21' chassis has been available in 2- and 4-door ute, both (4x2 and 4x4) (navara), , and 2-and 4-door wagon (4x4 only) (terrano / pathfinder)

Some of the earlier utes were just called 'Datsun' (ie Nissan make, Datsun model)

Different names for different markets makes it confusing :blush:

Many of our nations vehicles have been imported secondhand from Japan, so we get all sorts of crazy models and names :laugh:

Ah, now I see. We in New Zealand have D21 utility called Navara from approx 1986- 1998 (when d22 navara came out)

So the 'D21' chassis has been available in 2- and 4-door ute, both (4x2 and 4x4) (navara), , and 2-and 4-door wagon (4x4 only) (terrano / pathfinder)

Some of the earlier utes were just called 'Datsun' (ie Nissan make, Datsun model)

Different names for different markets makes it confusing :blush:

Many of our nations vehicles have been imported secondhand from Japan, so we get all sorts of crazy models and names :laugh:

Yep, that's it. :laugh: