throttle body spacers? vg33 2000 se

bushnut

I don't think a TBS is useless, perhaps minimal at best and too expensive for the gains.

In the old school days we called this design a "high-rise intake manifold". Increasing the plenum, (a chamber intended to contain air, gas, or liquid at positive pressure volume) is the desired effect and is beneficial just not cost effective unless you machine one yourself.

Take the gasket and trace/copy the dimensions and bolt hole pattern and get a block of aluminium and have a shop quote you the job, make a bunch of them and sell them on NPORA and recuperate your cost.

A 1" TBS is minimal and slightly noticeable performance gain, but not worth $100. I'm sure dyno charts will show performance gains but it's hard to rely on manufacturers claimsand all dyno runs are not the same. You can get more HP at sea level than at Pikes Peak 14,000 ft. So it's easy to see that air volume does help but argueably at what level. I put a TBS, 70mm throttle body(bored from 68), Jet performance chip, CAI and Magnaflow exhaust on my sons 4.0L Jeep motor and if you add up the claimed HP gains of each item you would think that I got close to 100HP gain. No way did that happen but the motor does run better, sounds better and feels stronger.

My 2 cents!!

Our intakes have extremely long runners as it is this creates a long chain of air in motion. The longer the runners the more you have to add to make a noticable difference...
swirls or not... that is always up for debate.

• Like 1

Our intakes have extremely long runners as it is this creates a long chain of air in motion. The longer the runners the more you have to add to make a noticable difference...

swirls or not... that is always up for debate.

Suzuki calls it TSCC or twin swirl combustion chamber, the intake opening in the head itself had a divider/partition which created a vortex or swirl in the air/fuel mixer entering the combustion chamber. Theory is sound.

Throttle body spacers are useless but plenum spacers might make a difference.

The plenum spacer would actually be cheaper too, my only concern is the EGR pipe that goes to the manifold would need to be changed, that is, if your area cares about carbon emissions. lol

-Kyle

The plenum spacer would actually be cheaper too, my only concern is the EGR pipe that goes to the manifold would need to be changed, that is, if your area cares about carbon emissions. lol

-Kyle

The ASCO plenum spacer comes with a High temp egr extension. you just cut your egr line in the middle and slide the ends into the hose.

HA! you don't even have to deal with those rusted shut fittings lol just cut the pipe and pull the manifold.

• Like 1