Noob here.don't own a PF yet....

rollingrock

Find one at a junkyard and steal its brackets if you don't have one. Its been done many times on wd21's and a few times on r50's that I've heard off. There should be a few topics. I'd try to find some but I'm on my phone.

For the WD21 yes, it is easy. I have a spare sitting in my back yard now (but it would be better to source locally). The R50 it is more rare (only 96-97 came with them IIRC) and I don't recall anyone retrfitting one.

was thinking 96-2000 same for 4Runners.

Personally, I think a WD21 (86.5-95, 93-94 preferably) would serve better as the hunting rig, but from owning an R50 also (1996-2004) I know they could be used also, you just can't lift as much or as easily.

B

Just found a 2001 with 98K miles on it....hope they have it on Wed...gonna go take a look.

Thanks Kyle for the info...what version is the 2001?

2001 is the first year of the VQ35 motor, rates at about 220hp IIRC. Much more powerful, but essentially the same body and build as all R50s (1996-2004).

B

2001 is the first year of the VQ35 motor, rates at about 220hp IIRC. Much more powerful, but essentially the same body and build as all R50s (1996-2004).

B

First year for engine, should that scare me? It looks very different than the VG30E's that I have seen under the hood.

And guys I am sorry to ask these questions, i am new to Nissan...I will pick up the lingo quickly.

It is still a good motor, the only thing I can recall is a power valve screw on the intake butterfly valve needs to be loctited and that the coil packs (1 per cylinder) were prone to failing but I believe that it isn't all of than and that the replacement part is better. I'm not an expert since I don't own one so go to the R50 2001-2004 section and read up. :D

I'm going through the local listings and I found one for you, Mr Rock.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3429398075.html

B

It is still a good motor, the only thing I can recall is a power valve screw on the intake butterfly valve needs to be loctited and that the coil packs (1 per cylinder) were prone to failing but I believe that it isn't all of than and that the replacement part is better. I'm not an expert since I don't own one so go to the R50 2001-2004 section and read up. :D

I'm going through the local listings and I found one for you, Mr Rock.

http://sfbay.craigsl...3429398075.html

B

thanks for the info on this and the link. Too bad I don't live in the bay area. I work in the bay area from time to time but sure don't live there. I much prefer the Texas area. I like my dogs and guns. ;)

SE should be 31x10.50x15. XE is 235/75/15. Bolt pattern is 6 on 5.5.

Edit. I know you said its a SE, but a LE would be 31's as well if you find one of those for sale.

Edited by Trogdor636

Looks nice! :)

Ive always liked those wheels... :blush:

Do you know what these wheels are? REally, if so I need some info from you...do you know the offset?

they still out a little far for me but it could be the odd tire size.

Guys, I have never heard of this tire size...it has Michelin LTX M/S 30X9.5 R15 tires. What in the hell is this size?

Please tell me this isn't b/c of these wheels...jus wondering if I can get a "normal" sized tire. Sure hope I am not showing my ignorance here but I thought I knew tires.

What do you mean? ive seen plenty of 30x9.5's... or are you used to having 235/75/15 format? which is basically what you have... metric and standard size measuring is the only difference.

• Like 1

What do you mean? ive seen plenty of 30x9.5's... or are you used to having 235/75/15 format? which is basically what you have... metric and standard size measuring is the only difference.

yes, I am used to seeing 235/75/15 type sizing. Ok, so help me here for a sec. The stock size according to Discount Tire is 30/1050-15 ....is that a smaller tire than what I hve on there or bigger?

I cannot tell. These seem to "stick out" just outside of the fender flares. I need 1 new tire.

Stock (for your SE) is 31x10.50x15. So the tires you have are smaller, just barely.

Ok, its sinking in now.

Why do I think the front is lowered? Is that b/c the shocks have to be gone?

For the JGC lift mod....I gotta do some more research...I dont understnd where a JGC coil will go in the front.

JGC coils go in the rear. you have torsion bars for the front. you crank them to make the front go up. yours have just probably sagged if it sits lower, hard to tell in pics.

Thanks, here is a better photo of the front

1-291112001756-32321076.jpeg

No flash

1-291112001752-32312147.jpeg