Thanksgiving weekend project

BBB

FedEx delivered my Thanksgiving weekend project today. Timing belt, tensioner, thermostat, strut rod bushings. I'm thankful for everyone who has posted how-to's. It will make my project that much easier. Thanks!!

Cool, you should have enough time to get it done and some to spare. :aok:

Don't hesitate to ask if you run into any snags or uncertainties, the timing belt is best only done once... :D

B

Oh, I deleted the technical mishap...

no waterpump??

Funny you should ask. I started early this morning hoping to finish today by this afternoon. As soon as I got the top timing cover off I realized that wasn't going to happen. I ordered a kit assuming round tooth sprockets and it turns out I have square tooth sprockets. Also, after getting hands on the water pump I detected a little play in the shaft and the weep holes showed signs of leakage. So, I continued to remove parts, made a trip to the parts store for correct TB kit and WP, and prep for tomorrow. Installed the Tstat. Replaced the bypass hose. The bypass hose was a real bugger bear to get off, ending up cutting it in pieces. Putting the new replacement on was no picnic either. Hopefully I'll get everything back together tomorrow. Edited by BBB