Good review of the new Pathfinder

iPath

What i don't get is when the introduced the Xterra it was kinda obvious they weren't gonna maintain two lines of 4x4 vehicles. Why not introduce a vehicle like what they slowly turned the Pathfinder into back when the introduced the Xterra and just leave the Pathfinder the 4x4?

It's still a Pathfinder.....you can use it the find the path so you can get out and hike. Nuff said...its not longer what it was and never will be again clearly.

The Xterra was almost (still may be?!?!?) killed off, so that wasn't on my list. As for the FJ......another vehicle that doesn't hold a candle to its predecessor, and I've seen some not so impressive reviews of their actual off road worthiness.

Really? I wonder why, I see a lot of them around here and most have been modified or accessorized at the least. They seem pretty popular...

The Xterra was almost (still may be?!?!?) killed off, so that wasn't on my list. As for the FJ......another vehicle that doesn't hold a candle to its predecessor, and I've seen some not so impressive reviews of their actual off road worthiness.

At this point, I'd be surprised if the Xterra got the axe, it's their only remaining vaguely SUV. Unless they have something else in store? I'd jump on almost anything Nissan that has solid axles and locker selection. Diesel and MT would make it heaven!

B

*cough*

Less ability required...

I don't Wrok Krawl so gas, clutch and handbrake does what I want. I prefer the MT for better reliability and vehicle control. I'll set the shift points, thanks... ;)

B

I ain't getting into auto/manual debate right now, but the FjJ and X dead? They pretty much ARE only each others competition in that particular segment of the SUV market and tend to be a bit less soccor momish around here (aint cute enough, under a block long, and/or dint have that cushy like a car ride i guess) Durangos, grand cherokees, and Explorers turned into AWD bloated vans, trailblazers are more for the 22" wheels, tint and subs crowd, the small market is all 'crossovers' now, and the full size based market is a different world.

Who makes a vehicle anymore that was like the Pathfinder? The only thing Nissan is doing wrong is keeping the name on a vehicle that isn't anything like the original.

From all the original SUV's that came out in the '80s the only one's that still have an off road capable version today would have to be the Toyota 4Runner and Jeep Cherokee ... everyone else has gone the over to the cross over dark side.