Finally thinking about getting a lift..

iPath

Sorry my stock tire size is 255 65 16 NOT 17. In that case what metric tire size would be optimal to fill up the wheel wells and possibly only cause rubbing at full lockout? I'm nearly 100 percent set on duratracs now. Getting something big enough for a future lift is not really a priority anymore, just something that will fit on stock ride height. In terms of rim sizing what do I need to be concerned with besides obviously matching rim diameter? Do the widths need to match up? Sorry for the borrage of uneducated questions

Well that opens up alot of options. Check out discounts, stock for 16's

http://www.discountt...c&typ=Truck/SUV

you need to be concerned with the rim diameter, passed that its just staying realistic, do you want a OE replacement or go big? the widths do not need to match up.

If you head down to your local, trusted tire center, someone will able to answer alot more of the detailed questions, alot better than i can at-least.

I got my knowledge and final setup from this forum. PM'ing members, checking out the Tire Fitment thread, seeing what worked and copied or adapted that for my configuration. After all, that's what this forum is for, its a community, where we try to help people save money, give the best advice (to the best of our knowledge) from personal experience and what we have read, but most importantly to make our rides look KICK ASS!!! :itsallgood:

Hope this helps.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Ya you guys have been more than helpful! I just want something black and simple, and normal sized (rims). Most likely I'll just go with the simple and cost effective route- cragar soft 8's.

Bolt Circle needs to be 6 X 5.5

Backspacing is recommend as 3.75 inches if you plan on running a lift. and my offset was -19.00mm, just pay more attention, to backspacing, offset and backspacing both indicate the same thing, just start points are different for the measurements giving a different number.

Also, your center bore should be large than 100mm (its the size of the hubs Nissan put on our pathy)

If anyone see anything wrong here, speak up, this is all assuming everything is the same between a '96 and '03

-Kyle

EDIT: Jegs filter seems fairly useless (because it doesn't exist) Go to this link, pick your desired wheel diameter and width (15X8 will be most commonly run on pathys) and then the list you see should be what fits.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Department/Wheels-Tires/Section/Wheels/Part-Type/Wheels/Wheel-Bolt-Pattern/6-x-5-1-2-in/Backspacing-in/3-750-in/Offset/minus-19-00mm/?Ns=Price%7cAsc&RC=100

i would like a lift soonish too, i already run 31 x 10.5 tires, i dont have any clearance issues at all, note profile pic. i would like a lift and maybe some 33's some day tho. sigh....

So I should have no problem with the combination of these:

http://www.summitrac...01722/overview/

and 245/75/16 (30.5x9.6/16)Goodyear Wrangler Authorities? (Authorities are so much cheaper than duratrac and it turns out they are what my roommate has with 60k miles)

the price difference between the 15" and the 16" is $10.. but I would like to be able to switch to my old rims if I needed/wanted to so I want to stick with 16"

EDIT: Meh, or I can't decide if I should just go with the soft 8's for near $25 cheaper. It comes down to whether matte black or gloss would look better..

Edited by iPath

So I should have no problem with the combination of these:

http://www.summitrac...01722/overview/

and 245/75/16 (30.5x9.6/16)Goodyear Wrangler Authorities? (Authorities are so much cheaper than duratrac and it turns out they are what my roommate has with 60k miles)

the price difference between the 15" and the 16" is $10.. but I would like to be able to switch to my old rims if I needed/wanted to so I want to stick with 16"

EDIT: Meh, or I can't decide if I should just go with the soft 8's for near $25 cheaper. It comes down to whether matte black or gloss would look better..

Wheels should be fine, as long as the bore is large enough, cant imagine why it wouldn't be. Only thing i can see is the long wait to ship, (you'd think people would be stock up on wheels and tires for the winter and holiday seasons, weird)

and i can only locate "Goodyear Wrangler Authorities" on walmarts site, and for the price different to Duratracs, personally i would get the Duratracs, (but that's just me) but the radial build of the the Goodyear Wrangler Authorities should give a nice solid feel for on road use, with somewhat aggressive look.

Also, that thought of switching back to your old wheels, its a good idea, just keep in mind its $70 to $130 for a remount depending on where you go, so maybe if you sell the pathfinder some day and keep the wheels that be practical. But if you plan on having summer and winter tires, just get another set of wheels, mounting alone would pay for new wheels in the first year and a half.

look forward to seeing some pics here on the forums.

-Kyle

In this case it looks like 245 75 16 is my best bet, at 30.5". Will a smaller width than stock seem goofy or would 255 to 245 seem negligible?

I missed this from before.

Personal i love the big, puffed out, muscular look my new wheels and tires gave me. It breaks down like this.

Stock wheels are a 15 X 7 with a 6' backspacing (i think, at-least my series of wheels were close to that)

The tires that came on my car were 30 X 9.5 X 15

My new wheels are 15 X 8 with a 3.75 backspacing. So right off the bat, she sits wider over all but 4.5 inches just in the new wheels.

Duratracs are 31 X 10.5 X 15 so add another inch and im sitting at 5.5 inch wider wheel base over stock.

Even before I got my new tires, the wheels alone completed the car, because on the pre-facelifted pathy's. IMO I always though the fender flares were a bit of an after thought, the wheels were tucked in and didn't sit flush with the flares, giving it an "On stilts" look. On the XE model this wasn't an issue because the XE's (base model) did not come with flares as standard.

And then after the tires, it gave it a nice "off road look" with the extra inch hanging out over the flares.

Of course pics are always helpful.

So right after i got my wheels installed, the new backspacing set the wheels perfectly!!!

7635336124_8b93a5f32d_c.jpg

And then i put my duratracs on and she was sitting real mean now.

8082050123_2a423e783b_c.jpg

and then on the matte vs. gloss, i was stuck on that too, i went with a gloss, because it complemented the car, and after having my wheels on for a few months now, i've noticed they don't show as much of the brake dust as my buddies, matte to semi-glossy wheels. I don't know how that's possible, maybe im going crazy. :shrug::crazy:

-Kyle

EDIT AGAIN: lol

If you are looking at the hole shoot look of wheels (that's what i call that look) take a look at these pro-comps

http://www.summitrac...5883f/overview/

I hate to be forcing all of this stuff on you, im just throwing out an alternative.

Oops, my bad, those are in size 15".

Also, that thought of switching back to your old wheels, its a good idea, just keep in mind its $70 to $130 for a remount depending on where you go, so maybe if you sell the pathfinder some day and keep the wheels that be practical. But if you plan on having summer and winter tires, just get another set of wheels, mounting alone would pay for new wheels in the first year and a half.

That's a really good point. The only draw back would be storing an extra set of tires/wheels.

Personally, I think gloss black would look the best on your R50. I went with matte just because I don't wash my mine and didn't want to notice the difference of a clean wheel vs. a dirty one. I'd also say go with the cheaper wheels. Once they are mounted, they all kind of look the same!

That's a really good point. The only draw back would be storing an extra set of tires/wheels.

Personally, I think gloss black would look the best on your R50. I went with matte just because I don't wash my mine and didn't want to notice the difference of a clean wheel vs. a dirty one. I'd also say go with the cheaper wheels. Once they are mounted, they all kind of look the same!

Yeah, I forgot about that part. hmmm if you can swing it, the extra wheel situation is ideal.

Is that $192 after or before tax? The deal I see is 200 for your size but that's tax free unless you live in AZ-OH-TX. Make sure Wal Mart doesn't charge you for mounting. Its supposed to be included, you should only pay for balancing-valve stems- and the replacement warranty. They charged a mount fee to my buddy and I read on their site later it should of been free.

• Like 1

That's before tax. That's still a pretty decent deal. Ya I'll make sure they don't charge me.. will they have the correct kind of lug nuts? Might be a dumb question but it was an option to order as well from Summit.

Duratracs and Soft 8's ordered! When I found out walmart.com has duratracs for 190 I couldn't pass it up, every local store quoted me around 230!

Alright!! Glad to hear you'll be joining the modified club!!

That's before tax. That's still a pretty decent deal. Ya I'll make sure they don't charge me.. will they have the correct kind of lug nuts? Might be a dumb question but it was an option to order as well from Summit.

Depending on the wheel, stock wheel nuts should be fine. Your looking for a Conical seat at 60º. Soon after getting my wheels i picked up some Chrome wheel nuts to get the wheel some nice contrast.

These were exactly what bought,

http://www.brandspor...la-71128ht.html

I bought 30 of them to get all the wheels, spare and some extra ones because i knew they were cheap and going to flake off.

Total cost was $35.

Ferrariowner123 is your truck lifted?

I don't think Kyle has got around to lifting it yet, he's working on it & he should be "airborne" as soon as I stop asking him to go to the wrecking yard for me! :lmao::laugh: :laugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

Suspension wise, no my rig is not lifted.....yet. She may sit an inch taller or so due to the new tires, but that's not technically a lift in my book. lol

As theexbrit stated, im in the process of getting her up in the air.

I'm slowly collecting lift parts. Already have both struts and the NX4 spacers, my goal was to knock everything out at once, but i keep my nose to the ground for deals and when i find them, i buy them. I paid less than $100 for both KYB GR-2 struts.

Still need to track down strut mounts, bearings.camber bolts, rear shocks. and the springs. But i don't see myself getting that stuff soon, my rig has a bit of a cold and some old parts that need to be replaced.

My maintenance list keeps getting longer and longer every day. :headwall:

-Kyle