Power antenna replacement - to flexible antenna

mickyficky

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a flexible or short fixed antenna to replace a power antenna?

Will the fixed antenna have to be wired directly to the stereo? Also, is there any way to disable the power motor without removing the fender (even though I think I will need to do this to plug in the antenna wire properly anyway...)

Any ideas or tips would be great. I have broken about 3 crappy power antennas and am sick of replacing them. They don't go up and down right anyway.

You shouldn't have to remove the fender, just the inner liner. Be easiest to jack the truck and remove the wheel for better access. The flexy aerial will more than likley fit directly into the same hole. If you want the aerial in a diferent place, just cut the power motor wire where it comes out of the radio.

When I fixed mine, I pulled off the wheel, the flare, and the plastic inside the fender. I was able to remove the entire unit and feed in the new antenna, which still works great (not that I use it much). It'd probably be loads easier with the fender off though, plus you could clean out behind it where dirt etc collects.