SES light, not code?

ennacac

I would not worry about it too much, because what ever the computer is seeing, is not at a condition to set the SES light more permanently, where you get a code. If there is a real problem the light will stay on. What i would do for now is loosen up the 2 ground screws on the top drivers side of the engine, clean them up and re-install. This is usually one of the first procedures to do when an SES is on, so it's easy to do, and may actually cure it, at least its out of the way. If your not happy with that, than look at the service manual specifically on SES light and browse the "INTERMITTENT SES LIGHT SECTION". YOU KNOW YOUR TRUCK, SO SOMETHING MAY MAKE SENSE. The manual is available on this site, just search.

Every once and a while the SES light comes on on my 2002 SE 5-Speed and when I connect my code reader, there is never a code in memory. Any ideas?

What kind of code-reader do you have? Does the SES light stay on, even after you shut off the engine and restart it?

If the airbag diagnostic system had a stored code, the airbag light would be constantly on or flashing. But who said anything about the SRS system?

My apologies! I saw SES and assumed SRS! Never heard of an SES light before..

Yes it stays on after multiple starts, and the code reader I have is a INNOVA 3100. The reader seems to work, since my 2002 Altima SES light recently came on also and the reader showed code PO128 on that.

My R50 is a 2002, 5-Speed with 45,000 miles on it.

After I clear the SES light with the code reader, it stays off for quite a while, but seems to eventually come back on, but there is never a code.

Tom