how to change the speedo sensor

smoke

I changed to a larger tire size (31x15.5r15) and didn't really worry about the speedo cause it will only affect the speed slightly but had to change the speed sensor any way later on down the road cause it stopped working. Was one of the hardest sensors I've done. Hard to get to if its stuck in there mine came out in peices then I drilled the rest out

I switched from 235/70/15 to 265/70/15 (which is stock for the SE trim), so my speedometer is off by 5% and odometer by like 10%. Would getting a speed sensor from a 96-99 SE fix that, or is the wheel size programmed in the ECU?

No, unfortunately, I believe the speed sensors are the same. The way that Nissan "re-calibrated" the speedometer was to regear the front and rear diffs when going from 235 to 265 series tires. Models that originally came equipped with 235/70R15 tires had 4.363:1 gearing in the axles, while models that came with 265/70R15 tires had 4.636:1 gears.

No, unfortunately, I believe the speed sensors are the same. The way that Nissan "re-calibrated" the speedometer was to regear the front and rear diffs when going from 235 to 265 series tires. Models that originally came equipped with 235/70R15 tires had 4.363:1 gearing in the axles, while models that came with 265/70R15 tires had 4.636:1 gears.

How difficult is it to regear the diffs?