Tire Fitment Question

4doordrift

Check out the Tire fitment thread, i just added my new tire wheel combo, its almost identical to your setup.

You can see the trimming i had to do to fit my 31's on stock height

The thread is here.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/19867-max-tire-size-vs-lift-kit-used-vs-custom-or-oe-wheels/page__st__120

• Like 1

Very true, unfortunately, it is often possible to fit a narrow tire onto a wheel that is too wide for a proper fit by forcing the sidewalls to spread wider than they are designed for. It's pretty easy to recognize this problem, as it leaves the tire sidewalls leaning at a diagonal to the tread instead of vertical. This is extremely bad. Tire sidewalls are supposed to be vertical, since they're what's holding the tire tread stable against the car's weight and protecting the wheel against impacts.

I think a rule of thumb is about 2.5" bigger tire than wheel, so a 8" rim will be ok with a 10.5 tire, etc.

I have 31x10.5x15 on my 96 with a 2" lift & no rubbing whatsoever. My wheels are stock (8" wide I believe) so there's very little backspacing. Once I put 3.75 bs Pro Comps on things may change a little. :laugh:

Edited by theexbrit
  • Like 1