U-joints in my 95 XE

medicbaldwin

So my 95 needs new U-joints and i'm curious if anybody is/has used Duralast (Autozone) brand u-joints or suspension parts? What luck have you had with them? Recommendations?

Autozone is 1/2 mile from my house vs. rockauto which is at least 3 days shipping

Edited by medicbaldwin

Yes, i used Autozone and didn't hvae any issues with installation/fitment and they have zerk holes so make sure you have the appropriate fittings too. I only drove the Pathy for about 20k miles after replacement before getting rid of it, but no issues in that time... :shrug:

B

If the joints come with the straight Zerks replace the Zerks with 45 degree Zerks, it makes servicing the joints much quicker.

Any replaceable u-joint that has grease fittings needs too be greased at every oil change.

As far as Duralast u-joints there fine, I have 20k on 1 at this moment and I've greased it once and never have noticed any problems. If your truck saw high tourqe loads (towing, drag racing, rock bumping) on the shaft I would get a higher grade one but for any dd its fine.