MadMax WD21 ongoing project

MadMax2

Thought I'd create a Topic to include everything I am doing/Going to do/Need to do for my 1993 Pathfinder 4x4 5 speed.

Threw these in the other day... 1.79 with free shipping from ebay.

11iz4g4.jpg

2zi1vl1.jpg

1zgwzep.jpg

2r4hlwp.jpg

Not too bad, cheaper than 194 replacements at the autoparts store (2.99+tax)

Edited by MadMax2

or like this.... ???

a1lnjl.jpg

I put them cone side out just to give more bushing area on the metal. It doesn't really matter because they compress anyway once you tighten the washers against them.

Edited by Tungsten

Haha it certainly is a nice Falcon!

I am looking towards tires for the future. I really want to keep the stock 235-75-15 for mpg (I don't wheel too much atm) but I will be moving to Pennsylvania in December. I have never driven in the snow before and I want to be prepared. I want to get Michelin LTX M/S, which I know stand for mud/snow, but I was wondering if these would help? http://www.ebay.com/itm/P235-75R15XL-Pacemark-Snowtrakker2-Studdable-Winter-Snow-Ice-Tire-235-75-15-/160880074067?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2575331d53&vxp=mtr

I want to be able to shove the snow off my windshield and force my way out of a snow blockade at home/work. My pathy is 4x4 5speed. I've thought about a rear air locker... Yall prob think I'm overkill

I've seen somewhere around here somebody posting about how their Pathy worked in snow/ice with it locked. The nice about an air locker is you get a choice whether you want be locked or not. Downside with the Pathy is that the price of an air locker new is pretty high....~800 for just the locker, then you need an air tank and a compressor. Maybe you can get lucky and find one used.

Got my 194 bulbs in the other day and decided to install them. Sorry no before picture of the gauge cluster lighting...

5Xscrews to remove the gauge cluster surrounding, 4Xscrews for the gauge cluster and just lay it forward (no need to remove it). Also remember LED's only work with current one way so make sure you have your lights on and verify you plugged your 194 in correctly.

16lcl0x.jpg

old...

2u8zfhz.jpg

New..

6jo70m.jpg

(YES there are 194's in the turn signal indicators and they make a very nice difference in the day time)

2iv1tkz.jpg

...leftover Led's...

23wmvcp.jpg

bi75ud.jpg

Sylvania silverstars from the junkyard (25 cents each)

xbinmp.jpg

$10 Ebay tire cover...

sm3fad.jpg

BTW I got the LED's for 8.00 with free shipping from ebay (10 Led's, enough to do gauge cluster, corner lights, license plate lights)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180962277359?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Laptop playing pandora while playing around with my generator and pathfinder lol. Take note rear spoiler removed from hatch... what is its purpose?! and rear window removed for tint removal.

Edited by MadMax2

hey so to replace all the dash bulbs you bought them directly from the ebay link you posted ......... do we have to specify what sort of bulbs we need .ive got a 91 teranno and the dash lights are a bit pony . this seemslike a good cheap upgrade ...

hey so to replace all the dash bulbs you bought them directly from the ebay link you posted ......... do we have to specify what sort of bulbs we need .ive got a 91 teranno and the dash lights are a bit pony . this seemslike a good cheap upgrade ...

I did not specify to the seller on ebay, the ad lists what you are purchasing, 10X194 led bulbs.

Haha it certainly is a nice Falcon!

I am looking towards tires for the future. I really want to keep the stock 235-75-15 for mpg (I don't wheel too much atm) but I will be moving to Pennsylvania in December. I have never driven in the snow before and I want to be prepared. I want to get Michelin LTX M/S, which I know stand for mud/snow, but I was wondering if these would help? http://www.ebay.com/...5331d53&vxp=mtr

I want to be able to shove the snow off my windshield and force my way out of a snow blockade at home/work. My pathy is 4x4 5speed. I've thought about a rear air locker... Yall prob think I'm overkill

I live in PA and drive the Michelin LTX M/S. Never have had any problems with winter driving and they run much better/quieter in warm weather conditions. Winter here has been pretty mild lately - unfortunately. I think the rear locker is overkill for this area but to each their own. Kinda depends where in PA you are going. Pittsburgh for example is very hilly and the problems there may be more related to manual transmission and hill-holding on snowy roads if you are not used to it. Other areas - like Philly are not very hilly for the most part and are easy going even in big snow.

Safe travels !!