OBD2 codes....

bushnut

so i bought a code reader because my CEL was on. it showed me the fallowing codes...P0400, P0139, P0161, P0160, and P0138.

from what i can gather all of these codes refer to either O2 sensors or Post Catalitic Sensors. any reason i should worry or will it just affect my KpL (MPG)???

All but P0400 are rear O2 sensor codes - both are throwing codes. They will not affect your fuel economy, but they will affect your ability to pass emissions testing. Purchase these two O2 sensors and replace yours to fix these codes.

Bosch 13257 (downstream left)

Bosch 13264 (downstream right)

Bosch is the original OE manufacturer. Use a 5% off RockAuto discount code before ordering (enter it in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" box in the shopping cart). You'll need a 22mm or 7/8" oxygen sensor socket for removal of the O2 sensors.

P0400 is EGR function (close). Try cleaning your EGR valve and ensuring none of its hoses are clogged.

Edited by Towncivilian

• 1 month later...

so finally got around to tackling the P0400 (EGR) problem....purchased a new gasket with the intention of removing and cleaning it...as I was removing the air intake hose I discovered a dangling vacuum hose under the throttle body and a obvious connection point to some sort of censor. so I connected it put everything together and started her back up...no more CEL...YAY :lmao: !!!! however driving home from my buddy's shop the CEL came back on again. :angry: I'll hook up the Scanner again tomorrow. right now it's time for a wobbly pop.