round dash relacement searched already

ahardb0dy

Just searched for this did not find anything, Has anyone done a writeup on replacing the whole dash? I did it on my 90 sentra and figure it's probably about the same process, Thought I read on here someone did it with a RHD PF?

I can find a old Minitruckin magazine with the swap. Its pretty straight forward, you do need the middle subframe from the round dash to make it easy.

Found this. Just a slide show video but you see the middle part I am talking about.

http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb322/RedAggie03/1992 Nissan Hardbody/?action=view&current=D21DashSwap.mp4&

Edited by Trogdor636

If it's just round dash to round dash its easy. The worst part is trying not to break the defroster vents, because there are screws that hold the dash in under those. Small flathead, pry very easily. The clips are pretty fragile. I had my dash out in my old Hardbody a couple times, I could take one out in 20-30 minutes now.

If going from square to round, I 'think' unccpathfinder may have done that when building NyQuil (not his name for the truck), if that's the case it might be worth a PM to him. Round to round, I would suggest many searching your free FSM download as I personally don't recall any write ups either, and would be of no hands on help as I've only personally pulled square dashes and I'm sure there's enough differences to be a nuisance if using that as a guideline.

no I meant just replacing the round dash for another round one, got a few big cracks in mine.

Well if it's similar to my sentra and from looking at it I know I need to remove the radio bezel, gauge cluster bezel, gauge cluster, panel under the steering column, glove box, possibly right side of glove box (if it's separate), the 3 defroster vents and all the screws. On my car I dropped the steering column to make it easier and pulled the steering wheel.

It's a pin the way Nissan attaches the dash pad, where the whole dash has to be removed, flipped over and than remove a bunch of screws that go in from the bottom up. I'm basing this on my sentra I figure they probably are the same.

Edited by ahardb0dy

I can do it in 2-3 hrs....out of both trucks and the swap into the new 1....entirely too much practice...

Quick run down...

Side defrost vents out

radio trim out

glove box and back out

RH lower trim out

rH a pillar trim out

Lh a pillar out

Lower lh cover out

bottom center out

cluster bezel out

Cluster out with harnesses (connects to Lh side if u have cruise but a screw behind that vent anyways

Other center bezel out (screw behind Ac switch and ash tray) AC cables and panel suck to removed and install

Defrost vents out

screws for dash out (defrost vents and behind cluster)

Think that's about it... donno if this helps. http://www.4x4parts.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=527839&an=0&page=4#Post527839

This May help but prob not

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z48/unccpathfinder/95%20teardown/

no I meant just replacing the round dash for another round one, got a few big cracks in mine.

It's a pin the way Nissan attaches the dash pad, where the whole dash has to be removed, flipped over and than remove a bunch of screws that go in from the bottom up. I'm basing this on my sentra I figure they probably are the same.

No. You can take the pad out without doing any of that. Basically the subframe can stay in.

If you watch that slide show I posted above you'll see the result just after the pad comes out. On my 2WD I took the pad out to wrap it in tweed, the subframe, vents etc all can stay in. Uncc has what needs to come out, that looks right to me.