manual blower switch/dial

The switch got jammed while turning it and now only works in certain positions sometimes, sometimes not at all. Has anyone replaced one of these switched before? Can you remove that switch alone? ie...without the heating/cooling dial and vent selection dial?

Thanks for any info.

amazing.. i just logged on to post about this !! my switch only works in the HIGH mod. wont blow on one two or three setting.. gets cold awful fast!!! any advice what to do,,, thanks guys.

Same problem here. I'm installing a cb radio this week so while I have the whole panel off I'm planning on checking all the connections but other than that I'm not sure. Any ideas would be great

amazing.. i just logged on to post about this !! my switch only works in the HIGH mod. wont blow on one two or three setting.. gets cold awful fast!!! any advice what to do,,, thanks guys.

Your blower motor resistor is dead. It is below the glovebox, easily accessible. Secured by two screws, you don't need to remove anything else. Part number 27150-0W714 is the part you want for an OEM replacement. It's $49.22 before shipping on Courtesy Parts, so purchase it from there if you can wait a few days.

To the OP: Sorry, I don't know how to remove individual switches from the manual A/C control unit.

blower resistor was meant for the post about the fan only working on certain speeds by the way.

Not sure about the 2000 model PF's do they use vacuum from the knob or a cable still? If a cable I would check under the dash to make sure the end of the cable is not bent or binding.

• 3 years later...