Eletrical plroblems, help wanted.

DantheMayun

the plug on the right looks like it has more than 2 wires in it but the one you stick the tip of the test light into on the left looks like it only has 2?

I'll have to look at mine today to see where you are talking about, I'm driving it to work (sentra is down right now), so I'll look after work.

the empty relay socket could be for something you do not have, the FSM shows a relay plug in that area for the KA24 engine equipped pathfinders for a ambient air sensor. I would not worry about that.

Edited by ahardb0dy

Sentra is having cooling issues and after I took it for a test drive I noticed water leaking out the bottom and found a heater hose with a pin hole in it, so need to pick up a hose today and than another sentra owner from another forum suggested I check the output for the wax element to see if it may be plugged, he went thru the same issues that I am having and after he replaced everything the plugged line is what he found was wrong with is. So I'll be taking that apart later.

I didn't get a chance to look at the plug in the pathfinder as it has been raining pretty good here everyday but I will look at it today.

• 2 weeks later...

How did fixing your sentra go?

I tried following that wire a little bit before I got too frustrated with cold weather rain and general looking at wires under the hood and gave up today -.-

I cant seem to find any visual breaks and I'm a bit skeptical that there would be a break in the huge wad of wires on the passenger side.... what do you think I should do?

I ordered a new water pump for it, hopefully it will be here Monday, going to take it apart later to see what the old one looks like.

I looked under the hood of my PF but I'll go out and check some things and write you back in a few.

Nice sounds like a pain haha.

I'm wondering if I can just rewire .. or rig whatever you want to call it... instead of searching down for this stupid wire

Also on a side note i'm looking into suspension lifts :dance: I'm getting excited to finish doing what I wanna do to my pf

At least I wont have any friggin electrical wires to break with it hehe

I installed the water pump today and put everything back together, it seems to be working ok so far, no leaks anyway !! Might pick up some antifreeze tomorrow.

So back to your problem, you said you ran a wire from the positive battery terminal to the alternator and everything worked right?? You may want to install that wire perm. and if everything works as it should just be done with it.

I thought when you ran the temp wire from the positive to the alternator it fixed that problem?

Yea all the other problems I was having haha. I got so excited and ran to the auto parts store to get new wipers so it could pass inspection and when I was leaving it wouldnt start. So I panicked and eventually figured out that I still have to unplug the battery to start it( with key on)

Replace all the plugs at the fusible links. On one of my trucks, I ended up hacking them all off, and wiring to the + terminal with a marine style hookup.

https://www.fishntec...y_terminals.php

Sounds like a good start... do you think the plug (with 3/4 wires lighting up) coming up from the starter is unrelated ?

I'm not sure what the fusible links actually look like, but if the plug you are talking about connects right to the positive terminal than it most likely is one of the fusible links. As Simon suggested you may want to just replace them all.

• 2 weeks later...

I figured it out ... found exactly what I needed at walmart.. go figure hehe

And good news is it fixed my problem! She starts right up now :P Thanks for the help guys!! I cant tell you how happy I am haha

Yep! I'll give ya a pic in a little bit when I get the chance here.

I used the adapter thingy ..lol... that simon suggested, cut out the links and wired it straight to the battery terminal. Had to do some serious redneck fabrication skills to keep the wire for the starter in place. I'll show you. .

Thank you so much for being so patient, helpfull, and friendly with me I appreciate it alot!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my god.

If this truck has feelings it &^%*ing hates me.

I'm having the same problem again! It was completely fixed and working fine! I went through every connection coming off the battery terminal and it's all getting power! :headwall: I went through every possible scenario with mixing at matching up wires to see if I had some kind of fluke going on where I thought i fixed it by accident but nope no matter what I do I cant get my car to start again if it sits for more than 5 minutes. I cant be coming of the terminals there is no friggin way I have to have a short circuit somewhere. I'm thinking this because when I put my right turn signal on it flicks insanely fast.

Also on a side note I fried a wire earlier out of frustration and i'm pretty sure I only did damage to the smaller wire coming off the terminal I dont freaking know anymore I give up.