Reese trailer hitch is a good deal.

Precise1

I had need of a hitch and no vehicles with one, no R50's in the local junkyard, no knowledge of model fitment issues (ours has the underslung spare a hitch has to go around) and no desire to waste time on it. After a brief search, I found a curved tubular Reese hitch (#33050) that fit the bill as a class 3 500/5,000lb hitch.
Autozone has them for $160 (with a $10 mail in rebate), and will ship to your local store without charge.
Fitment is perfect, zero issues other than having to remove some smog canister (assumed) type stuff to get all 8 bolts in (hardware included) and replace it after.

015.jpg

022.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

B

• Like 1

Me too, seems like a good hitch. I ran a 4 wire flat electrical connector but I'll upgrade to a 7 wire soon as the mini travel trailer I want to get needs a brake control & a power line.

• 2 years later...

I had to remove the "slightly" rusty 8 from both trucks then replace 8 (after rust removale, retapping and some lube) again on the new one. There's a weekend I'll never get back. But it was free. I checked out U-Haul first and I think they wanted $250 for one. I didn't have to remove the resonator (what I call it) just unhooked the hanger and headbutted it over a bit. I'm thinking I had to move a vapour canister thingy on the driver rear to get a impact in there though. Man I hate touching bolt under there...every bolt feels like they will either snap off or strip the head off. I'm still amazed at your truck B-looks brand new under there.

That's 15 hard California years and almost 180,000 miles of caked on grime! :lol:

But yes, it almost looks better underneath than above at this point...

You'd like my 1995 then, the factory powder coated parts underneath are still black and shiney once they are wiped down. It is all I'm used to... :shrug:

B

Well I don't know his truck so I won't make fun. All I know is that thing looks brand spanking new under there!

Edited by kdj

The 1999.0 caR50 is actually the wifes, and yeah, it is quite clean! It's our 'luxury SUV' and treated that way, but needs some suspension/bushing work at this point.

This is under my 1995 WD21 that has been a driveway queen for years. Hope to get it on the road again soon...

014-Copy_zps493f9db9.jpg

It's in perfect condition because it's never seen a dirty trail before! That's the Precise secret! :laugh:

Yep! If you take it out, you'll just mess it up. Better it just sit there, safe...

B

The 1999.0 caR50 is actually the wifes, and yeah, it is quite clean! It's our 'luxury SUV' and treated that way, but needs some suspension/bushing work at this point.

Yeah, I thought the Pathfinder would be mine. The wife said she hated it after we bought it and it had some problems we fixed, but now that's all she drives and I am stuck with the 2wd Ranger, not good! I wish she would go back to driving our PT Cruiser.