1995 Pathfinder Positive Battery Cable

Finder95NI

First off, how many of you have replaced this cable? How many times?

Is it just me, or is the stock clamp ridiculously cheap?! I replacing another harness after two years, and cannot believe that the clamp broke again. if it was my Pathfinder I would just have a lead clamp crimped on, but the owner wanted the complete harness replaced...again.

Anyway I replaced the entire positive battery cable (more like a harness) and the truck still doesnt start, although now its not because there is no connection to the positive cable. There are several connections that are made near the battery and all of those are correctly connected, Im 100% certain of it. There is one wire in the center of the harness, its taped to the harness on the old cable so Im leaving it taped, unused on the new harness. Now there are four connections near the starter. One connects to the starter, one goes to the oil pressure sender. That leaves two connections, does anyone know where those are supposed to go? On the old harness they werent even connected.

Can anyone help?

Near the starter you have the large cable from the positive terminal, a small wire (yellow I think) that goes to the starter solenoid, and the wire that goes to the oil pressure switch.

Thanks for the reply. Correct on the main cable connection and the oil pressure connection. As far as the the others, Im not sure. As far as i see, there are two connectors a black and a grey one (wire color not connector color).

If you are asking about a 95 PF the wire going to the starter solenoid, per the FSM is B/P which should be Black with a Pink stripe, the plug for the solenoid would be a single wire terminal plug, can you see if anything is connected to the solenoid? If not that would be why it doesn't start.

Per this page out of the FSM there are only 3 plugs in the area of the starter, could one be for the adjustable shock??

348kok8.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy

Thanks again for the post, this time it was so sick I almost threw up on my keyboard!

The post did help, but according to the pic Im only supposed to have two wires, when in reality I have four; the main positive to the starter, the oil pressure, and the two Im not so unsure about now. Ill check tonight for the BP wire and a spot to plug it into the starter.

Thanks a bunch!

Nick

hope you figure it out, you were sick? Get better if you are before working on the PF.

I don't know what the 4th wire could be, is it on the harness you replaced? Anyway to follow it to see where it goes?

Hey guys thanks again for the replies, unfortunately I wasnt able to get a pic of the harness. Ill make sure to get one tomorrow and get back to you guys.

Nick