rancho rs5000 or rs9000xl

Read a lot about both and was just wanting peoples feedback on what they liked. I will be doing offroading for fishing and hunting/camping. Any input would be awesome thanks guys!!

my rs9000xl started to leak maybe 6 months after I purchased them.... After a year , the knob (to change the firmness) was seized solid..... the eventually died 2 years after purchase, but I hated them all the time I had them considering I paid twice the price of other shocks.... never again for me....

never again for me either..rusted out quicly and made loud squeshy sound over bumps. BILSTIEN! awsome.. 4x4 parts .com took my ranchos back and full credit towards new shocks...

I've had the same set of rs5000's on mine (D21) for 13 years, and they're still going strong. I'm about to change them to 9000's (longer...) so I'm hoping for similar performance.

Edited by andrewt6447

Been a fan of the 5000's for over 10 years on the big rig, just started running them on the Q and I like them just as well there.

My Rancho 9000's were ridiculously awesome (I adjusted them for both load and terrain as needed) and lasted over 3 years and 35K miles. They are now on my friends R50 and have another year and 12K miles on them.

In saying all that, I wouldn't buy them again because IMHO they are too pricey (I think I paid like $85+ each).

I'm really enjoying my Pro Comp ES9000's right now (which IIRC were about $32 each when purchased). Very controlled ride on-road and they flex/compress well off-road.

I love my rs5000s, I know a couple guys around here that bought the 9000s and had the same experience as fleurys. They just don't seem to hold up in the salted road areas.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk

Read good things about pro comp es9000 but am worried about how cheap they are and don't wanna go that road. Will order bilstiens and spend the extra dough