new product for the wd21 crowd but before....

fleurys

I will be releasing my new lower and upper rear control arms for the wd21 in the next few days. But before I do, I need a confirmation that the lengths are good.

I have already these numbers for the lower and upper from eye to eye...

L : 21''

U : 10.5''

I need the measurements to the 1/8''... So if others could confirm, it would help me release the product faster for you guys...

Thanks alot.

Steve.

www.4x4design.com

Edited by fleurys

My tape measure (checked both sides as well to make sure both are = ) sais lowers from center of bolt to center of bolt, 20 11/16", uppers from center of bolt to center of bolt 10 11/16". This is on an 88 4x4 2 door with round tube style uppers and I beam style lowers sitting on the ground on it's own weight. I'll check for more measurments in y FSM once I'm home too

FSM's RA (rear suspension) section gave no lengths on the links, sorry

Edited by nunya

Thank you.... To be on the safe side I would like the measurement from others too....because right now, the difference is too high between the 2 that I have now....

Anyone else please ???

Edited by fleurys

Machinist rule of accuracy: Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe...

Ok, I'll take some measurements this evening when I get home and it cools off. I have calipers and straight edges long enough to use on my 1995 parts.

B

On the other side of the planet so you have to allow for different gravity and the fact you guys are up the other way, I get 525mm on the lower ( 20.7" or just a smidge over 20 11/16") and 272.5mm upper (10.7" or just a smidge over 10 11/16")

Measured with a tape/steel rule also, so there may be a tiny discrepancy in the actual measurements.

'90 D21 with cast lower/tube upper arms.

Edited by andrewt6447

lowers from center of bolt to center of bolt, 20 11/16", uppers from center of bolt to center of bolt 10 11/16".

Yep, I got under the truck last night and that is exactly what I measured on my 1995, so yes, Nunya is tape measure literate!! :lol:

B