Making my own upper control arms!?!?!? (more lift)

I have searched and searched and can't find the thread with the pics I'm looking for. I know there is some pics floating around in here of some stock upper arms and aftermarket arms side by side. Can some one post a link here or some pics of them. Wanna see if the lift arms are longer then the stocks or are they just angled up?

If you look back at my post a couple ago, I'd advise against putting more angle on the bj end of the arm. Seriously, the arm gets much more upward angle at full compression than it gets downward at full extension. I can't remember the numbers exactly but it was enough to make me keep mine as they were, and I even considered making the angle flatter.

PLUS, changing the angle of the balljoint WON'T help the camber, the bj pivots at arm level, so all changing the angle acheives is making it sit flatter at ride height, and risking bending/breaking it at full compression.

I'd be happy for someone to prove Me wrong, but I did a @!*%load of measuring/working it out....

Thank you and does anyone know if the upper arms are the same as the 2x4 uppers from a hardbody? They look alot uh like. I have some laying around that I have already beefed up for a bagged truck. Would save alot of time and $ ill try and to get them side by side and see if I can use those.

• 10 months later...

Sorry for digging up this thread, but everyone here mentions they have to add more shims to their upper control arms to align their front ends after a lift.

This is completely opposite of what I seem to be having to do. After lifting the front end around 2", I get a lot of positive camber, meaning I need to take shims out (problem is there are only two small shims, need to remove more). Does this sound right?

Also people mention that they modify the upper bumpstops to get more droop. I found on mine with the upper bumpstops completely removed (didn't even realise there was upper bump stops until I looked at a parts breakdown sheet) that the wheels seriously tucked underneath the car. One mate even described it as looking like the BTTF DeLorean about to take off, obviously exaggerating. Problem with this is that it lands on the wheels at that angle, surely this cant be good? The wheels also toe in when they droop.