Bought an 03 X XE

OlBlue

Since the frame on OlBlue (RIP 1991-2012, 386K) has finally disolved beyond reasonable repair I have been looking at options. I took the plunge today and bought an 03 X -XE. I finally caught on to why everyone is swapping out their 3.0's for the 3.3L...It takes me awhile but what a difference!

I like that many of the parts and the "know how" are interchangable between the WD21 and WD22.

Lots of good things to say about the X, based on my test drive and inspection. Once I change the t-belt, I need to do something for the front bumper...too much plastic!

My 95 WD21 will remain my DD once I swap the toasted trans.

Good times.

Dont get me wrong, I love my WD21, but I have a soft spot for the Xterra's as well. Just looking at some of the SAS jobs that Ryan and his fellow Coloradians have done to some of the X's over in their neck of the woods makes me want to grab one... And the rumor that they get better fuel mileage sweetens the pot...

Not to mention that the wife might actually want to drive it...

• Like 1

I like the WD22 Xterras but the only thing that makes me not like them is how they had to deform the entire truck to fit a first aid kit. The back window HAS to open or it's not a real truck. :P

LOL that is a good point... Although my 2 yoa son calls my pathfinder a truck... so I will agree with him!!

Windows opening or not, doesnt matter to me....

The first aid kit is actually pretty cool, I like the strange way the body curves, like a WD21 but on steroids. Thus a WD22.

Not trying to start a war here by any means, to each his own...

Sad to see another pathy go, but that's definitely a good choice. It seems like the X is the way to go if you like wd21's but want something newer. So will this be your offroading toy since you have a dd already?

Hi Sorry for the slow response I have been travelling, will post some pics once i get back.

Never thought of the window as being an issue since I never use mine!