radiator size question sr20det, ka24de, vg30e

trexterra

#2 Own one, had it fail and cause me to blow a coolant line on the trail, when I got home I rebuilt it recognized the design flaws and I WOULD NOT recommend for trail use or wet environments. I Also do not recommended for fans exceeding 35a start up and 20 continuous. I gave my feedback to Flex A Lite about how the design could be improved they said thank you and sent me a product several notches higher than what I was suggesting. (that's the short version don't get any sneaky ideas)

You need to mount electrical circuit boards inside the cab and not on the shroud. :tongue:

You need to mount electrical circuit boards inside the cab and not on the shroud. :tongue:

you're an idiot. The thermal probe is not long enough to reach the cab and you cannot cut it and extend it because it is a hollow gas filled tube.

A good controller should be shielded from the elements so it won't matter where you mount it.

Edited by MY1PATH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No, he mounted the entire controller on the shroud because the probe was too short and could not be extended. Since the controller has a circuit board, it was fried by water when he dunked the truck. It's common sense to water seal any electrical circuitry from water. Of course it was half FAL's fault too for failing to realize the flaws of the controller setup.

don't laugh people have used it before, you mount the bottom somewhere to a bracket and seal the mounting holes, than you have a removable top to access what ever is inside when you need to,

• 3 weeks later...