Inputs needed on what to do with pathfinder

Cuong Nguyen

Well I have been plagued with problems.

1. Right frame is bent- can't mount rebuilt motor.

2. Torque converter and input shaft is misplined.

3. Transmission clutch packs broken

4. Body mounts/brackets bent and cracked.

5. Broken windshield

Should I just pick up a parts truck and swap everything over or should I just fix what I got?

I found a 94 with a blown head gasket with manual trans and I found an xterra trans also. The 94 is 800 dollars and the trans is 200 dollars.

Bent frames suck. I guess it comes down to spending money. If you want to keep the auto and can afford it, buy both. I'd at least pick up the 94 if everything on it clears your checklist other than a blown head gasket.

Theoretically you could straighten the frame but why bother. Swapping stuff over and junking the rest would work here. Buying the 94 and the trans seems to be a much more economical option than fixing all that broken stuff.

stick shifts are not wired for auto transmission. i asked a forum member when i had a stick shift if i could swap in an auto. there is no TCU in a stick shift.. nor the wiring. which is why i sold the 5spd and got an auto! :) also, what year is the x trans you found? 2002 and up is when they went heavy duty... :)

My question would be what is the cause of all of the existing damage? And how would purchasing the new, prevent them from happening again?

The bent frame was from a fender bender accident I had back when I was in college. I did most the work myself but never checked the squareness of the frame afterwards. Everything else was just from a lack of common sense. I think I'm a bit more responsible now seeing that I have less money and time to toy with than I did back then.

stick shifts are not wired for auto transmission. i asked a forum member when i had a stick shift if i could swap in an auto. there is no TCU in a stick shift.. nor the wiring. which is why i sold the 5spd and got an auto! :) also, what year is the x trans you found? 2002 and up is when they went heavy duty... :)

The ad listed it as 2001-2005 but I haven't called the seller to confirm what year it was. I found a cheaper deal on a fully running 92 Pathfinder but it's just a drive out the way to get it.

Do the work spend the time buy the 94. bent frames are not cherry,nor apples or oranges.And switching out frame's well you better have lot's of time.