Shift shock

qatcool

Its been a year since i bought my Pathy, i replace all under - chasis bushing, ignition coil,spark plug, and fuel filter. but 1 concern that i dont know how to address is the shift shock, you can feel the transimission shifting especially from 1st to 2nd gear, according to my mechanic its normal, sometimes the shifting is smooth when i rev up to 3500. anybody here can advice?

NTB01-055a - 2001 PATHFINDER AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 1-2 OR 2-3 SHIFT FLARE

What's the level and condition of the transmission fluid?

1. Drive around for 10 minutes in the city after the transmission is at operating temperature.

2. Park on a level surface and apply the parking brake.

3. With P selected, shift through every gear and return to P.

4. Pull the transmission dipstick with the engine idling, wipe it clean, reinsert it completely, and read the level. It must be within the notched area labeled "HOT". Check for fluid contamination after wiping on a paper towel.

R50ATdipstick.png

The fluid should be red, and not smell burnt.

Edited by Towncivilian

^ this lol. my issue is the opposite. i cant feel the gears unless its cold. lol. then it feels like its just one gear. D:

srsly though, harder shifts are better (not slamming gears) for the trans than the gears sliding and engaging. Because obviously the sliding causes the cluth packs to wear down faster..

• I asked 1 of a mechanic, and he just adjusted the TPS, I dont what it is, i believe its throtlle position sensor. and its ok now. he informed me that it is shifting late.