Ground Wire Ripped Out of Connector

Tungsten

I just ran into a stupid problem. I tried replacing the door ground switch on the passenger side because the rubber boot was destroyed and couldn't get the switch out. I pulled it out just enough but still could not see the connector enough to actually unplug it. I thought something must have been holding it so I pulled harder and managed to rip the wire out of the connector. Of course it's not a big deal as I can just solder a spade connector on and connect it with the switch. The bad part is I would have to take some trim off to get to the wire. What I want to know is did Nissan make the passenger side door ground connector wire too short or did someone else screw this up?

Inside there is a point where the harness is tied down with one of those black loops to the body. I think it just matters how much slack they gave the harness before they punched it close. Some I have pulled out 8 inches, some 1 inch!

:lol:

Another bad part is I can't take the spade connector out of the little plastic tube connector without mangling it. Once the wire comes out, you have to get another connector. I will just put a plain female spade on and plug it in to the back of the ground switch.