Intake & Headders

Guest PathyGuy89

Guest PathyGuy89

I was wondering what the process is to install an intake as well as headders. Also if i put an intake in do I need to aslo instal exhaust?

Would this intake work.. click

I ordered one of those filters with the "MAF ADAPTER" of ebay about a week ago. It won't fit. Not a chance in NY (AKA hell). Your MAF's (mass air flow meter) diameter is about 4" so a 3" diameter filter or MAF adapter does't make sense. I would email the buyer and have him send you ab picture and copare it to your MAF to see if it will fit. JWT pop charger They make a filter with an adapter that should fit. And yeah it's a little more $ but Nissan is what they do so i would assume they do it right.

let us know what you decide to do :beer:

Why not just spend the 35 bucks or so for a 4" K%N, then another doller for about a foot of fuel hose, and just use the gold plate inside your airbox. Try using the search function on this topic, as there has been ALOT of discussion on the subject.

A few guys around here have had luck with a pre-96 Nissan Altima adapters. If you use this, you will need to make a couple of the holes bigger, should be really easy though. You can find a filter adapter combo on ebay. I plan on doin this real soon with my lift. If you get to it before me, I'd like to hear the outcome. Have you checked Mr. Jim's link to the adapter solution? Seems to be working for a few peeps as well.

http://www.jimbennett.net/k__n_installation.htm

I think you will notice some more power with the intake upgrade only, but more vacuum (larger exaust) will complete the whole air moving process. Maybe a bit simplified, but you probably know what I mean.

Earth1

You guys are totally missing the important part here.

He doesn't have the VG30E. He has a VG30i, which is the TBI V6 with the round air cleaner. A cone filter is impossible to use on one of those without some sort of special adapter and tubing.

I've already emailed that Ebay seller telling them that those parts will NOT fit a 87-89 Pathfinder, but evidently they listen to their parts book more than people who know what they're talking about...

Bottom line, all he can do for an intake is get a K&N drop-in filter and put that in. After that, it's removing parts and modifying stuff to make it work better, all custom and expensive and time-consuming.

For what it's worth, those with a VG30E (air box in the front drivers side) I can make MAF adapters quite easily... If the pre-96 altima adapters work(with holes filed/redrilled) and you can get them CHEAP, then go for it. For others that dont have the time or desire to monkey around (and dont want to deal with fuel hose) get in touch with me. I'm not knocking the other methods, but some people want plug and play, not fooling around with parts and frankenmechanics. Maybe I can make an adaptor for the VG30i, but I have never seen one....

Bernard

LOL 88 !! You are right about the way it would have to be done, but dont dare too much; I may make one just to have you eat your words.... Seriously, I see how to do it, but it would be a moderate PITA requiring a CNC mill, and not remotely cost effective. Anything can be made, but I said, I had never seen one. :unsure: *bows and backs out of the room, keeping one hand near his gun*

Bernard