2inch lift compatible with stock struts and shocks? 1999 Pathfinder

Hey Everyone, So I have finally purchased a 2inch lift for my 1999 pathfinder, and I heard awhile back that you were able to use the 2inch lift with stock struts and shocks? If someone could let me know if this were true that would be a great help, before I start the installation and realize I can't complete without me purchasing new struts and shocks. So if someone could help me out that would be great. Thanks and much appreciated!

- Andrew

i have also been wondering this as i have just bought bilstein rear shocks and kyb gr2 front struts just waiting on the OME coils then will do it my self but have been wondering this in the back of my head for a while. Also will be installing NX4 spacers if this matters just want at least two inches all around

@ mrjoosten, I think the struts are standard so you should be ok there. As for the shocks I'm not sure if they need to be any longer than the OEM shocks, maybe someone else can help you there. @ sroeser01, it's the springs that give you the lift so going with original springs will not give you any lift. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I put the AC 2" lift kit on my 96, best thing I ever did!

Yeah the AC lift is what I'm getting I'm so excited, thanks for the reply, and yeah I found out that you can use stock shocks with the 2" lift

So you just bought the AC springs right? If you bought the kit then the struts & shocks come with it & you can toss your stock ones. You can use your old struts & shocks if they're working fine, but I did the whole kit & caboodle when I had the suspension off, shocks, springs & struts. made a big difference to the ride & handling as my old shocks & struts were fee-ooked.

You can see the difference here..... http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33130-theexbrits-desert-duster/

& here's the thread when I did my lift, some good info & photos if you're going to do it yourself...... http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/32829-starting-to-get-really-frustrated-with-ac-2-lift/page__st__20__p__619468__hl__lift#entry619468

Edited by theexbrit

Unless your current struts are shot, there's no need to replace them when installing the new coil springs. However, since the labor to install new springs into old struts is the same as installing new springs into new struts, most people just do them both. You should definitely replace the strut bearings whether you get new struts or not, since those wear out faster than the struts.

With regard to rear shocks, the main advantage of replacing the rear shocks is that you get better articulation and off-road performance with longer shocks. If you don't do a lot of off-roading, or cannot afford to replace the rear shocks with ones that have more travel at this time, you can wait.

• Like 1