Name that sensor! C'mon it'll be fun!

20120518204952871.jpg

Its on the passenger side of the intake..just below the fuel rail. As you can see it doesn't currently have any wires going to it. I don't know where the wires even go into the harness at. If its nothin special I'm not goin to worry about fixing it. My SES light will likely always be on regardless.

No! ... well, maybe? I know that my engine coolant sensor is located on a hose on the front of my 3.3L. However, I think that it could just be for the temp gauge on the instrument cluster and not for the ECU.

I'm not up to spec on the 3.3 but on the 3.0 both coolant sensors are right next to each other. But the diagram from the FSM I posted appears to be showing the exact sensor you posted the pic of.

My first thought was coolant temp sensor as well, even though I've never even seen a VG33E in person (damn I'm good :lol: ). A disconnected ECTS would throw P0115 or P0125 and probably cause some sort of noticeable issues as well, since P0115 is in the fail-safe chart. The engine just assumes the engine coolant temperature based on engine run time if P0115 is detected.

Edited by Towncivilian

Well my temp gauge seems to be working just fine. Tho I have noticed while driving down the interstate if i stay at 75ish it will start to run hot. And yes the injector wiring is sketchy for the same reason that there is no wiring to the temp sensor. The truck sat next to a field for a couple years before i picked it up and a family of field rats had decided the engine bay was a good place to stay. I havent had the codes pulled. Im sure there are several :thumbsdown:

Edited by Wo0denSp0on

Well my temp gauge seems to be working just fine. Tho I have noticed while driving down the interstate if i stay at 75ish it will start to run hot. And yes the injector wiring is sketchy for the same reason that there is no wiring to the temp sensor. The truck sat next to a field for a couple years before i picked it up and a family of field rats had decided the engine bay was a good place to stay. I havent had the codes pulled. Im sure there are several :thumbsdown:

a disconnected temperature sensor will not make the motor run hot. the sensor for the gauge is different than the sensor for the engine. a disconnected engine temperature sensor will make the truck run more lean/rich than it ought to as the ECU does not know the exact temperature of the motor.

Nah I only mentioned the running hot part implying maybe it was just confused at the actual temp. But the lean/rich would likely explain the rough startup after the engine is already warm. I went to a u-pullit junk yard today on my lunch but they are lacking in R50's. Quite a few WD21's tho. Have to go hit up another yard tomorrow.

I dont have a clue on that. I wasnt looking to replace the sensor itself. I dont have the connector that goes to it from the wiring harness. Its been chewed/cut.