O2 Sensor locations

What code did you get?

I'm looking at : P0130. Bank 1 Sensor 1, but also PO300 - Random Misfire, P0325 - Knock sensor 1, bank 1, P0171 System too lean. I think it's all lead from the O2 sensor.... :?

P0136 o2 circut (bank, 1 sensor 2) so what do i replace? also got P0335 crankshaft position sensor A circuit...so just replace i assume? and also why is each code coming up exactly the same more than one time?

Edited by sroeser01

P0136 o2 circut (bank, 1 sensor 2) so what do i replace? also got P0335 crankshaft position sensor A circuit...so just replace i assume? and also why is each code coming up exactly the same more than one time?

I would replace the O2 sensor and clear the codes...see if the crank sensor was a fluke.

I bought the universal fit from Autozone and soldered the old connector in place. A bit of heatshrink and some electrical tape for good measure. Saved me $25 + tax.

Now I'm getting surging in the engine at idle. I'll drive it a bit and see if I get any more codes. I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if the computer needs to recalibrate???

You're not supposed to solder O2 wires, the sensors "breathe" oxygen through the O2 sensor.

Why not solder them??? They are electrical connections....no more resistive load than putting a crimp in the connection path.

Spent the last few minutes googling the subject....looks like it's the typical two sided debate. I'll touch on my opinion...and what I get of what I read.

Some are worried about the solder creating resistance and the solder job due to the nickel coating. aka....the "quality of soldering" that is out there, if you put a glob-job on it, it will create too much resistance. I'm a decent solderer, so I won't sweat that part. (Micro-miniature certified)

I don't buy the "breathing" issue, as all the wire does is transmit a voltage to the ECU. I looked at the wires that came off (approximately 24 gauge wire) no way are they breathing anything. Maybe they are referring to newer models?

I'm pretty sure that a 96 Pathfinder will be a bit less touchy (voltage-wise) than a 2012 vehicle, but you never know, right?

I'll hang on to the bosch crimp bag for a bit....if I notice a problem, I'll cut it out and crimp it. Murphy's law....if I have the bag on my shelf for future use, I'll probably never need it. B)

Changed out the faulty O2 sensor and cleared the code and drove to the store and back and O2 sensor code was gone but crank shaft position sensor code still came back on...so went and bought one, now the problem is i cant find the old one to get it out. Haynes says that its located at the back of the motor drivers side mounted to the transaxle housing. so i spent the last hour under there with lights and still cant locate it, any one have any pics or a link to a site showing where the hell it is, Thanks

• 1 month later...

For the record, it's been almost 2 months and no codes since replacing my O2 sensor, via solder method.

Again, from what I've read, it's the newer models that are more sensitive to soldering. Also, I'm sure there are alot of what we call "glob jobs" out there that will certainly increase the resistance in the wire.

Disclaimer: This is my experience...if you solder your O2 sensor and it doesn't work...not my fault. B)