Quick release door hinges

Scott.T

Has anyone done this to there trucks? I want to be able to remove the doors easily like a humvee, just lift up and remove. Is there a kit out there for this or has anyone came up with this mod? I cant find anything anywhere. I would love to drive with the doors off during the summer rather than just rolling the window down, it would also help reduce the horrible cigarette smoke smell in it.

I've never heard of anyone doing it, but I can't imagine why it couldn't be done. You'd need manual locks and windows, of course, and a switch to turn the courtesy lights off (if so equipped). You'd have to fab up the hanging hinges, or maybe use something made for garden gates or something.

I'd be a little worried about parking it with no doors, though. Territorial cats get in, squirrels get in, and these things are easy to steal. Depends on where you live, of course.

For the smoke, maybe try taking the carpets etc out and leaving them out for a while to air out. When I spilled pine-scented kerosene in the back of mine, my dad and I pressure-washed the carpet and pad at the self-serve car wash, vacuumed them dry, and put them back in. It didn't eliminate the smell entirely, but it helped... a year or so later I can barely smell it unless I put my face in it. With cigarette smoke I guess you've got the seats, door cards, headliner, and pretty much everything else, though...

wow. that's a really cool idea. I like it a lot.

I've never ridden in a Wrangler or Humvee type vehicle with removable doors, but the doors must be light.

Pathfinder doors are...not. You have to consider that. If you are going to be removing these doors frequently, then you need to consider that. You are probably going to scrape them a lot since they are very bulky and awkward.

My friend made his toyota doors removeable. They are a lot lighter then nissan doors though. He also made half doors that turned out really good and were not that hard to make. We have found that it still takes two people to put doors on and not bang them up. Also had to make a stand for the doors once you take them off, so they do not fall over and get dinged up. I will see if I can find some pics from last season to give you an idea of what they look like.

I like the tube design. I have manual locks and windows. Im sure the doors a bit heavy. I had a 94 toyota pickup a while back that I would remove the doors from, it sucked though because I had to unbolt them to remove them. I had to remove them and reinstall them by myself which was a pita. This is why I was hoping there was a slip on hinge out there. When I get home from deployment I will look around and see what I can find/make to do this. Thanks for the replies.