Junkyard Run

Leo94

Ok so my local junkyard had a contest where you put a pic of your car and whichever wins you get a $500 store credit which I won of coarse because I had a terrano/pathy. Anyways there are some stuff I need to get like a drivers side mirror, muffler, maybe a new dash and some other small stuff. But you have to spend it all in one shot so apart from the stuff im getting what would be good to get. On their site I see they have 1 WD21 Pathfinder, 4 R50's, 3 D21's (Navara) and some others. Is there anything worth getting from one of the other cars like the R50. I don't really want to get a R50 Center console as I may or may not make a custom one later on. Cheers

Edit: They also have two maxima's. The american and australian maximas are different according to Wikipedia but the maximas there look similar if not the same to the american one. This is what they look like

First Third Gen? VG30E/DE?

Second

Edited by Leo94

Hey man, if you'd like to help a fellow member out, maybe you could give me a little hand and I'll pay ya for your trouble. If you wouldn't mind, I've been looking for quite some time, for someone from OZ or New Zealand to hook me up with the head light washer button out of a 94-95 terrano. The one with the round dash. It on the Dash console, top row with the 4 buttons where the hazard button is. It should be the one on the far right, closest to the steering wheel for you guys. I'm wanting that button with the connector attached with about 3 inches of wire so I can splice in. And the reservoir with the pump, again with the connector attached with 3 inches of wire. Everything else I can source but I'd like to use the factory button. I'll pay ya for the button, and all shipping charges.

Good score on the junk yard win!!

You could always do a center console swap out of the R50. That was just done a week ago and there's a good semi write up on how it was done. Take the console, and the auto shifter to match up. In return you get a slick console and CUPHOLDERS! If you own a Manual, its the same console, the shifter part is an interchangeable plastic piece that you change for manual or auto.

Edited by Dowser

the things I could do with a 500 buck junkyard shopping spree...

and that wd21 is a 2 door... and has at least 1 of those sweet clear reflector front corner lights, one of those cool Aussie front bumpers, RHD... the list goes on. How far you think you can throw that whole thing?

Until I go there I cannot be certain if it has a round or square dash or what year it is but from the picture on their site here you can see that it does have a head light washer on the bull bar and a clear indicator if nunya wants? Is this your last resort because shipping might be abit $$$

crap. I can see its got the square dash. The buttons for those years were completely different. Oh well. A guy can try. As for exspensive shipping, Its a project so the cost will be what they are. The option weren't available here so if I want the factory option, shipping from there is a must. keep your eyes peeled for the round dash style and if you come across one, you'll have a buyer.

Thanks anyway.

No worries. There are a few australian wreckers on ebay parting out terranos they might not list the switch but im sure if you send them a message they can check it out for you heres one of them Link.

The first one does look like an American Maxima, the second one looks sorta like a Infiniti G20 to me. I'm sure its different but the front view just reminds me of one.

Edited by Trogdor636

The first one does look like an American Maxima, the second one looks sorta like a Infiniti G20 to me. I'm sure its different but the front view just reminds me of one.

Thats what I was thinking when I saw the wikipedia article and it says it has the vg30 so maybe there are some better parts I can get from it.

My problem is I'd want the whole dam truck, my RHD envy and all plus all the other neat odds and ends you get on those shores... (aint got the extra coin right now to be getting unneeded 'wants' anyway, got other purchases to make first)

Ok so my local junkyard had a contest where you put a pic of your car and whichever wins you get a $500 store credit which I won of coarse because I had a terrano/pathy. Anyways there are some stuff I need to get like a drivers side mirror, muffler, maybe a new dash and some other small stuff. But you have to spend it all in one shot so apart from the stuff im getting what would be good to get. On their site I see they have 1 WD21 Pathfinder, 4 R50's, 3 D21's (Navara) and some others. Is there anything worth getting from one of the other cars like the R50. I don't really want to get a R50 Center console as I may or may not make a custom one later on. Cheers

Edit: They also have two maxima's. The american and australian maximas are different according to Wikipedia but the maximas there look similar if not the same to the american one. This is what they look like

First Third Gen? VG30E/DE?

Second

The first one looks like its a Maxima '90-'94 model year.

The second one is also a Maxima looks like '95-'97 model year. It was sold as the Infiniti I30 in that skin in North American markets. We tend to get our vehicle line up changes later than Asian markets so you might have gotten that body style even earlier than '95.

If they have nothing you are really interested in then grab something you can resell and pocket the cash for a fun weekend of off road action ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright so I went there today. I didn't get anything for the pathfinder today but i got a rear wiring harness for another car and they guy at the counter didn't bother to reduce it from the $500 store credit thing so i basically got it for free which was pretty cool. Either way it would have been free if it came off the store credit but whatever. Any ways I saw a few pathfinders with MPFI and I had a look at the maxima also and it was a MPFI vg30, They even had a 300zx :lmao:. As my profile says i have an 89 so its a TBI which i will be removing the intake anyways to solve the coolant leak when i decide to get a 24mm spanner and get the time. Would it be worth getting the MPFI from maybe the pathfinder and putting it into my one? Mine is a manual and the ones they had there are auto.

Edited by Leo94

Also As the 300zx (Z31) intake is longer that the pathfinders and would require the firewall to be cut, Would the infinity intake be any better than the pathfinder MPFI?

Edited by Leo94