Maf harness

ejin4499

To splice or not to splice that is the question. Wether it is nobler to cut and splice existing cable or to replace the whole thing and repin connector and the conection at the ecu.

Obviously running new wire would be the better way to go but is splicing a new plug on the maf wireing harness a problem?

It shouldnt be a problem at all alot of us Z31 owners do it all the time. There is a guy that makes a really nice kit for the z31 and i think some of the plugs work on the pathfinders with the vg motor too( you can buy them seperatly). Ill send him a pm and see if he wants to post on here. otherwise make a account on z31performance.com and message "fricfrac" about efi harness clips.

examples of the ones i bought for my z31....whats nice is they are quick release you press the top metal clip and it pops off so you dont need to mess around with them anymore.

S130pigtail.jpg

Z31kit.jpg

Edited by edicer2

It shouldnt be a problem at all alot of us Z31 owners do it all the time. There is a guy that makes a really nice kit for the z31 and i think some of the plugs work on the pathfinders with the vg motor too( you can buy them seperatly). Ill send him a pm and see if he wants to post on here. otherwise make a account on z31performance.com and message "fricfrac" about efi harness clips.

examples of the ones i bought for my z31....whats nice is they are quick release you press the top metal clip and it pops off so you dont need to mess around with them anymore.

S130pigtail.jpg

Z31kit.jpg

Those look sweet. I like that option alot better than splicing stuff from parts trucks. Any idea who the manufacturer is?

Noob question but what is the reason behind this swap?

my maf harness connector was loose and worn out. I tried retensioning it and made a mess out of it. doh

Also at some point I intend to swap in the maf and ecu from an m30 that I have laying around here. I've been chasing a intermittent idle issue for a while. I wanted to get that sorted first. Thus trying to retention the loose maf harness.

Edited by ejin4499