where to get 3holed bracket speakers? and/or removal door panels

1994SEV6

The speaker in my driver's door has been blown for quite some time. I finally removed it and put in some speaker I got from the Junkyard. The only problem is that all the speakers in my truck are secured by three screws in a triangular fashion. The one I got from the junkyard is a 4 screw hole design. It seems that all the other speakers I can find online are 4 holed also. I've tried google'ing crazy things to get a 3 holed speaker. It seems that 4 holes is the traditional way.

So, I need to get a speaker with 3 screw holes OR

I need to drill new holes. My pass. side window rattles quite a bit, and I've found out why. If I roll the window down a little bit, I can move the window from front to back. It has a LOT of play. My drivers side doesn't have this. I need to remove the door panel to fix the window problem, but I have no idea how to remove the panels. How do I remove the window roller handle and door handle?

Would drilling new holes be a bad idea?

All WD21s only came with 4 hole speakers. That 3 speaker thing is definitely custom. You should not have to drill any holes.

To remove the door panel, you first have to pry off the plastic thing around the door handle. Then remove the screw cover in the lower handle and remove the screw behind it. Then slide off the lower handle to expose 3 more screws. Hit those and the door should unclip. I am not sure how to remove the manual window cranker but there should be some cover to expose the screw that holds that handle on.

He has a truck. Most of them came with 4" speakers mounted on a metal bracket. That metal bracket has 3 holes that mount to the door. The speaker opening on the trucks is round, whereas the opening on the pathfinder is somewhat oval shaped. My advice is to just drill the holes.

The window crank has a wire clip holding it on the shaft. You can remove it with a pick, screwdriver or a rag (I've been told). It has an open end and a closed end. Grab the closed end and pull it straight out.

The handle has a trim ring that snaps off to get the panel off, the handle stays on the door. The lock knob just unscrews. The arm rest has 2 screws.

He has a truck. Most of them came with 4" speakers mounted on a metal bracket. That metal bracket has 3 holes that mount to the door. The speaker opening on the trucks is round, whereas the opening on the pathfinder is somewhat oval shaped. My advice is to just drill the holes.

The window crank has a wire clip holding it on the shaft. You can remove it with a pick, screwdriver or a rag (I've been told). It has an open end and a closed end. Grab the closed end and pull it straight out.

The handle has a trim ring that snaps off to get the panel off, the handle stays on the door. The lock knob just unscrews. The arm rest has 2 screws.

newer pathfinders have 5x7's. older pathfinders have round 6-6.5's. I can't remember which.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/WMR-W80646

That's the "correct" tool for window crank removal. If you plan on pulling them alot, it's worth the 5 bucks to get one (it's a hard tool to wear out too :lol: ) It can be done with small screwdrivers, picks, and whatnot... but can test patience

wait...wut. I'm looking at the picture of that tool. I can't imagine how to even use it. Is the window crank like a snap ring type thing? I'm not trying to break some fragile plastic piece that's going to bug me every day for 3 months until I replace it.

I think my friend got that trim piece removal kit that SilverPath was talking about. It's 4 yellow things with flat and forked heads. Worked pretty well on the clips for the door panel

There's a metal clip behind the crank. Think something "kinda" similar the the metal clip on the MAF plug. It's hard to describe at the moment but that tool will safely unclip it without launching the clip across the driveway :lol:

Yes! That's the perfect description of it's shape!

Get the tool. Before I had that tool, I've probably lost about 30 of those stupid little clips back in my crank window days. It got to the point where everytime I was at the junkyard I spent 20-30 mins just scouring for those so I would be stocked.