P1135/P1110

So I have been trying to dig up info on this since the light came on last night under normal cruising. The truck developed a little whine the other day and I figured it was just a belt or something since it was muggy out but now the SES light is on and its throwing the P1135 and P1110 codes. Read that simply changing the oil to 10w40 can help alleviate the problem which is apparently either a bad sensor or low oil pressure. Im going to try changing to 10w40 since I need a oil change soon anyways and its cheap. Sometimes when I turn on the truck the oil light will come on and flicker for a few seconds then go off after I rev it up a bit....could that have anything to do with it? Thanks in advance guys!

Looks like the diagnostic procedure for P1110 & P1135 matches P1140 & P1145 (intake valve timing control position sensor). I had both P1140 & P1145 and replaced both of the sensors and the codes went away. See EC-480 for the diagnostic procedure for those sensors.

What oil & filter do you run currently?

Edited by Towncivilian

Wix filters should be fine in terms of their anti-drainback valves (a faulty ADBV might cause your oil dummy light to flicker at idle on a cold start). Just to rule them out, try a different oil filter next oil change - Purolator PureONE, Mobil 1, Bosch Premium or Distance+ are all good choices. What's your typical oil change interval?

If the diagnostic procedure ends up in requiring replacements, I used these camshaft position sensors as replacements with success.

Edited by Towncivilian