spare tire carrier...?

So i have been kicking around the idea of making a custom spare tire rack when i build my bumper and this is what i will probably try doing...does anyone have any other pictures of their own custom work.?

untitled-2.jpg

swingdowncarrierweb.jpg

Briancarrierweb.jpg

PoisonSpyderRearStinger.jpg

Edited by stalker

I hacked up an OEM...

DSCN0096.jpg

IMG_20110515_202522.jpg

My form pick shows the high lift mounted but I still need to get my jerry can(s) mounted...also if you can't do gas assist lifts on fold down carriers be aware of how much effort it takes to folks the tire up and down and how its in the way if u need to get into the back...I was looking at this and decided to do the swing out

Edited by unccpathfinder

I hacked up an OEM...

DSCN0096.jpg

IMG_20110515_202522.jpg

My form pick shows the high lift mounted but I still need to get my jerry can(s) mounted...also if you can't do gas assist lifts on fold down carriers be aware of how much effort it takes to folks the tire up and down and how its in the way if u need to get into the back...I was looking at this and decided to do the swing out

that looks good.!

i am still going to try to make it swing out with the factory latch and mounting brackets...so the pass side upper bracket will just be a locking pin...now i just need to figure out how to connect it to a solid mount there

that looks good.!

i am still going to try to make it swing out with the factory latch and mounting brackets...so the pass side upper bracket will just be a locking pin...now i just need to figure out how to connect it to a solid mount there

These look really good. I like the look of the ones that fold down, but as mentioned above, they could be a pain for access to the rear hatch.

I was thinking about doing something similar to this too, but was thinking it would be good to make the carrier pivot on the bumper, and have that support the weight of the carrier, as oppose to the factory mounts. Kind of like unccpathfinder did. You could then just use the factory mounts for additional support. It'll take the weight and leverage of the carrier from the horizontal plane and apply it vertically so hopefully you don't have bushings wearing out. It would be a challenge to get everything lined up and work properly without covering up the rear taillight though.