My Pathy project - Missing Link

ramdala

Hello All,

After reading some opinions on the installation of the "missing Link" I decided to install it. I am not shure if I can fell a big difference or it is psycological but the truck seems more solid specially on curves.

I think if you have a SFD, the link frees of the stress of the blocks and of the rear A-arm mounting point...just guessing.

:beer:

Some pics:

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

I'm curious if folks install this while the front end is jacked up, or not. Perhaps it might cause extra ?torsion or something if it is (or isn't) installed while jacked up?

Along a similar idea: My pathfinder seems to ride/corner "nicer" since I installed my sliders. Could be psychological, could be the added weight at lower center G, could be semi-binding of the unibody to subframe, or any combo of previous.

Looks like the design has been changed. I believe the link was one of the cheapest and best mods I have done to the Path (not lifted).

This is the design that my mechanic did...I have seen differents setups here on npora but at the end I think it is the same.

I'm curious if folks install this while the front end is jacked up, or not. Perhaps it might cause extra ?torsion or something if it is (or isn't) installed while jacked up?

Along a similar idea: My pathfinder seems to ride/corner "nicer" since I installed my sliders. Could be psychological, could be the added weight at lower center G, could be semi-binding of the unibody to subframe, or any combo of previous.

I don't know for sure but I bet that mine was installed with the pathy jacked up...