The Missing LInk

captandy

Fleurys crosslink is similar, but IMO is more solidly manufactured. The install is a breeze, and the crosslink provides mounting points for his skid plate set, which also happens to be quite solidly manufactured.

I ordered a crosslink, but told Fleurys no rush on mine. I am looking forward to it. Plus I'll have the added benefit of installing his armor in the future if I want to.

by the way the fabrication should be done tomorrow night... so expect a shipping soon after that...

S.

• 2 weeks later...

My crosslink arrived yesterday afternoon. Looks great!!! The install won't be for a while, but I might put it ahead of a few other projects though...

I'll likely shoot some Deep Creep on the bolts once a day for a few days prior to the install. I have to find a suitable breaker bar before hand anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

Dang, the bolts I need to remove are in pretty bad shape! Took an hour to get the passenger side out, now going to work on the D side one.

The P side one looks like I "might" be able to use again. Cross my fingers on the other. I did just order up 2 extras just in case!

I hope that I ordered up the rite ones: 54459-0W00A.

Edited by Camelfilter

Dang, the bolts I need to remove are in pretty bad shape! Took an hour to get the passenger side out, now going to work on the D side one.

The P side one looks like I "might" be able to use again. Cross my fingers on the other. I did just order up 2 extras just in case!

I hope that I ordered up the rite ones: 54459-0W00A.

Well at least the other bolt came out easier!!

All set-hurray for me!!!

Thanks Fleurys for making these available to us. Nice!

Pictures hopefully tonite (if it's a slow note at work). I also have to post up pictures of my Plasti-dipped wheels, and I also fashioned a nifty work light from a 6 Watt MR16 LED (has 20 watt+ output, put only 6 Watt draw--wicked bright.

'tis beer & nap o'clock!!

Edit-adding pictures:

1-Rusted bolt. This dang'd thing took an hour to get off!

crosslinkrustynut.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Installed:

crosslinkinstall.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Camelfilter

Pretty easy to fab one for yourself with an angle grinder, drill and 2" square tube. Mine took longer for the paint to dry than it did to make the thing

Sure there cheap to buy, but making stuff is fun!!

Does 22 1/4" sound right for bolts O/C? It's a little too dark for a good measure and was just curious. I found the tubing and flat stock in my "pile" of stuff. It sounds like the "lack" of work is worth the effort.

Edited by kdj

Does 22 1/4" sound right for bolts O/C? It's a little too dark for a good measure and was just curious. I found the tubing and flat stock in my "pile" of stuff. It sounds like the "lack" of work is worth the effort.

Not sure I understand the question. I used a 22mm socket to remove it, if that's what you mean.

Are you sure... I have it at 22.25"...

.25 = 1/4 Yes I measured it at 22.25"(0r 22 and a 1/4 inches) and O/C is "on centre" meaning from the centre of one hole to centre of the other. Thanks I might start on this tomorrow.