Question about a Vacum line

918pathy

I have put Sea-foam in the gas tank, and i got the spray for the intake. Now i want to do the vacum line, is it the one off the brake booster? if so would someone please post a pic of its location, i am still a rookie noob and need a visual. Please and thank you in advance to whom ever posts a pic of the vacum line.

The big round thing on your firewall with the thingy that holds the brake fluid sticking out of it (brake master). Yeah, that thing Pull the rubber hose off of that and stick it in your can of seafoam little slurp at a time.

I prefer water, its free but the smoke show does not last as long. I pretty much use seafoam just for the smoke show :)

Just a tip about running it through the vacuum line. Don't use the brake booster line, try to get it through the PCV line even if you have to add a piece of hose to it to reach. The sludge your trying to clean out all came in as oil vapors through the PCV. By poring the seafoam in through the PCV your starting at the source of the sludge.

James

Saw this on the thread about sea foam yesterday i think

IMAG0399.jpg

Right in the center of that pic there's a vacuum line leading into the PCV valve. Remove the clip, pull the line off the PCV valve and attach a clear hose to the valve. Turn truck on. Using the clear hose as a vacuum, very slowly put 1/3 of a can seafoam into your truck. This is exactly what I did, I used a clear hose so I could watch how much liquid was going in and make sure not to hydrolock the engine. I need to drive some more to be sure I'm not just imagining things, but it seemed to run much better on my way to work.

It also does the injectors and fuel lines if you pour it through the fuel tank. This is according to the manufacturer ive yet to try out sea foam as we don't have it in Australia but i will be getting some from ebay sometime this year.

I ran some through the tank in the fall, and put some in the engine with the oil - ran it for ~ 200 miles and then did an oil change. So, I guess I'm good?