Hello from cape breton canada! Eh!

foxboy63

Hello!, I am a 16y/o from Canada eh,I just bought my first pathfinder today and I love it! It may be rusty and crusty.. but it sure is trusty! I picked it for for $500 :), came with 4 brand new 30" tires a homemade 2.5" lift made with thicker springs and cranked torsion bars, Also has a Cherry bomb turbo muffler, and tinted turn signals/tail lights. But it being a $500 truck... it DOES need work.. There is a good crack in the upper part of the rear frame.. and the rear shocks are over-extended due to the lift... Anywho, pictures! :D

2395lei_20.jpg

100_1386.jpg

100_1385.jpg

100_1382.jpg

100_1383.jpg

And the reason for buying the pathfinder is this..

photo_1965623_resize.jpg

Always make sure you know what kind of insurance you are buying! My father did not know what public liability was, and my $10,000 went down the drain due to icey roads... And left me flat broke.

Welcome!

Shame about the pickup, you alright?

Yea, was just shaken up. Ranger seatbelts SUCK Mine decided to unbuckle as soon as i hit the curb.. got thrown around like a ragdoll.. this happened about 3 weeks ago? I still have whiplash from it. Also, what is the average MPG of a V6 pathfinder? My ranger got 13mpg :x Just wondering if it would be any better

Sucks about the Ranger dude. I thought it was a Ram... looks almost the same from the topside!

Not a bad Pathfinder at all for $500. Make sure you replace the timing belt, cam seals, and water pump soon if there's no history of them being done recently. A broken belt will cost you an engine.

Sucks about the Ranger dude. I thought it was a Ram... looks almost the same from the topside!

Not a bad Pathfinder at all for $500. Make sure you replace the timing belt, cam seals, and water pump soon if there's no history of them being done recently. A broken belt will cost you an engine.

Hm, okay. when money will allow me I'll make sure to do that. Also, I'm thinking on having the welding class in school make me up a safari style roof rack for it.. i think it would look cool with one!

That's a crappy way to learn a lesson. :( Hope you have a quick recovery.

Mileage on the pathy won't likely be as good as the ranger, I'm not certain on the averages on the WD21 pathy, but I'm sure some of the guys can give you some insight.

Welcome.

Welcome. Like james said make sure you change that belt. Also post some pics up of the frame. I'd be making sure its safe to drive first!

Gas mileage should be better than the ranger, but that all depends on how you drive it. They were rated for 15 city and 18 hwy from new. But it is not uncommon to get more.

Well, found out the clutch is slipping... havent really had time to get much done to it.. only thing i did do was change a tire cause of a faulty plug in one of the ones that came with it.. I also need to check out the front tierod ends, the steering wheel has a little bit of play in it. And the first day i had to drive it to school.. [monday] The starter froze! So I somehow pushed it out of the driveway then down the hill my road its on and had to jump start it... fun... But it seems to be ALOT better on gas than my ranger! My ranger I would put $20 in, go to school, come home and the tank would be bone dry. With this, i can put $20 in, come home, and still have gas left over to cruise around town some. :D And i'm not as heavy footed with this one cause i know its old, and it will most likley break if im kind of hard on it. Havent gotten to do any wheeling with it though so far :C I'm too lazy to crawl under and put it into 4x4, from the linkage on the transfer case... and with it being mostly -8 here i dont like being outside the truck! lol Oh also, got 2 full size spares for it,on rusty old wagon wheel rims.. may not be pretty but they get the job done. Oh and also before i head off to bed, What would cause my truck to kind of sputter at a little bit of throttle? If i give it about say... 10% gas it sputters... then picks up. Could this be from water in the distributor? this pathy did have a hard life before i got it, It used to be a offroad beater. the guy had been jumping it, running it through puddles over the hood... redlining it... Which i had learned from my friend who is good friends with the guy i bought it off of... Anywho, I'll try to get some stuff done to it this weekend, like fill in the few holes it has with Body-fill, and mount the 7... yes, i said 7foot tall CB antenna i found at my grandmas :D oh and the CB to lol

VGs take a beating and keep on ticking man.Check the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Tune up stuff, probably needs it as that kind of sputtering is usually indicative of that.

I was going to go get my fender-flares tonight , but since its snowing my mother wont let mt drive -_-; Its so annoying! Ever since i had my accident my mother thinks that as soon as i put a tire onto the road im going to flip my truck again... ARGH! I really wanna go play in the snow... :C

Well my starter froze again today :angry: so i had to stay home from school again today... The P.O had taken the truck through some deep water and got water stuck in the starter.... so does anyone know how to get it out or fix it? Or should i just replace the starter

• 2 weeks later...

Well replacement would be the best route, I can't imagine any kind of water related damage could easily and effectively be fixed. Might want to start a new thread about it in the WD21 or garage section though, when people see a new post in a "New member thread" they might assume it's just more members saying hello and not look to see it's you asking a question.