Ethanol-free gasoline

westslope

Can't pump your own gas in Oregon either.

Y'all @!*%ting me! So y'all government doesn't think y'all are smart enough to pump gas! Just one more way to screw with y'all freedoms. Down here I could fill a quart mason jar with gas and sip on it while I'm driving off and no one would care. And no I never did that, just saying.

James

Lol! It's really hilarious to watch Oregonians come to Washington gas stations and have no idea what to do. They stare at the pump and card readers and usually ask "what do I do?! I've never had to do this before!"

One thing that pisses me off is gas clerks don't top off tanks, they didn't before and now it's actually illegal. Go figure. I hate knowing my gas tank isn't all the way full, especially when I can fit a gallon in the tank in my Pathfinder after the pump clicks off. As soon as it clicks off the clerks pull the handle out and sling gas everywhere.

But I go across the bridge to Oregon to buy cigs because they're $2-4 cheaper a pack and gas is usually a LOT cheaper.

Edited by Kingman

Really? They top it off here unless you tell them not to. Yes, it's kind of the same story here. Right across the bridge in New York or in Pennsylvania I have to pump my own but here in New Jersey it's full service only. I always look like an idiot trying to operate the pump elsewhere on my own because I forget to flip the lever or push some button. I just forget how to do it if I don't do it all the time. :lol:

Yes, the government assumes you're a retard if you live here and they are probably right. No one can even change a tire around here on the highway.

Now if I try to get some gas over in NY, I will be paying about 80 cents a gallon more. I don't even know if that's worth it. :thumbsdown:

Edited by Tungsten

Actually if you do some research, you will see the laws in both of those states were left over from the great depression, it was to increase/keep jobs. And in today's economy it's not a bad idea.

No one can even change a tire around here on the highway.

should be part of your driving examine as far as I'm concerned and a spare tire that will actually bolt to your car should be part of safety inspection...

should be part of your driving examine as far as I'm concerned and a spare tire that will actually bolt to your car should be part of safety inspection...

I agree, but unfortunately, they don't want to do it for some reason.

I just finished driving school last week, and one girl in the class actually, specifically asked how to change a tire. The instructor was just like "uh, well that's not important for your skills test". In actuality, he had no idea how to change a tire himself. I really wanted to go jack up my truck and show her because she really wanted to know, but that would have been inappropriate. As far as a spare, I also agree.

There should be something like driving school, but for your car. Just some basic 2-week thing. How to change a tire, change your oil, bleed your brakes, and general education about cars. I swear, the only thing people know how to do is press the gas pedal.

Then people might know how to make cars last, know how to NOT get ripped off by gas-station mechanics, and make educated decisions about buying and selling.

non-self-serve gas is so weird. There are people who pump your gas, who get paid (aside from tips), and the gas is still cheaper? That's baffling. Hmm...maybe I should get someone to pump my gas. I could sure afford to save $.80 a gallon.

Perhaps there's a way to distill ethanol from gasoline... open a little spout on the gas tank, fire up the still, a few hours later you've got a tank of pure gas and a container of questionable moonshine liquor. That's how to end this ethanol thing... :lmao:

icon_shocked.gif I think you're on to something!!!!