Snorkel

Why did you decide not to have the air intake facing forward??? Seems like it may need that air force to get all the way through the pipe and into the engine (IMO).... Oh, and fill in your fender cut before some stupid ass cuts themselves on it and sues you. Good job being innovative.

The top isn't glued and it's snowing that is why it's facing backward. I still have to finish paint everything and I was going to use door edge guard on the fender hole. Just a dry run to test it out. No codes runs the same. happy with results so far :itsallgood:

Where you cut into the fender could have been doon a little bit cleaner with less gaps but you could just fab up something to fill in those gaps. Other than that it looks good man be sure to put some pics up of when you do some river crossings :aok:

I'm still contemplating whether I want to take a chance on this snorkel on eBay.....

I think it looks like it would fit???? Didn't Dan (Vengeful) NPORA member, Make a "Real" Safari Snorkel for a Navara fit?

eBay snorkel

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

offtourRoadie96, be careful with buying those off ebay. They aren't the original Safari and are made from a completely different material. From what I've heard, it's not nearly as durable and doesn't stand up to UV radiation very well either. Do some more searching on this subject before commiting. Just a heads up.

And PaMountainbiker, Nice work. The gaps everyone has commented on the fender are going to be just wide enough to fit something to cover it with which is what I'm assuming you were going for. Looks great.

What exactly did you use to make that MAF sensor adapter and how it bolts up right after it? Is that a metal reducer where it goes from the MAF to outside the fender? What pieces did you have to buy and how did it all go together? Could you write up a description of what you put into it/where you got all the parts??

What exactly did you use to make that MAF sensor adapter and how it bolts up right after it? Is that a metal reducer where it goes from the MAF to outside the fender? What pieces did you have to buy and how did it all go together? Could you write up a description of what you put into it/where you got all the parts??

I used part of the stock box and an adapter from spectre . I sandwiched the adapter using the stock airbox piece . the shiny silver tube is an inline filter 3" on both ends and 4" in the middle also from spectre. I bought that offline somewhere on ebay . The other parts are plumbing parts.

1 " fernco

2street 90degree elbows

one 22 degree elbow

3" schedual 80 pipe it was grey (eletrical conduit pipe )

So i just went and bough everything today, unfortunately no one carries that spectre filter so i ordered it off ebay for $80 and got the PVC, elbows, hose clamps, hangers, and everything else for $90... So I am just waiting for the air filter to show up and put it all together.

So i just went and bough everything today, unfortunately no one carries that spectre filter so i ordered it off ebay for $80 and got the PVC, elbows, hose clamps, hangers, and everything else for $90... So I am just waiting for the air filter to show up and put it all together.

NICE I can't wait to see it !!!!! :popcorn:

I left that plastic intake in place because of those. I did get rid of the rubber accordian thing that is next in line just to shorten it up a bit. You can see in the photo how I sandwiched the adapter (gray) with the piece of airbox.cd405e5e.jpg

c1586b65.jpg

Edited by PaMountianbiker

Nice snorkel brother! I'm in the midst of making my own... couldn't bring myself to do the ABS thing, but definitely stole some of your idears ;-)

Keep your head above water! I can't tell you how many times I've NEEDED a snorkel, but gotten lucky with my airbox re-route.