my 2nd pathfinder, new to the forums

kodi3482

just wanted to say hi, my first pathfinder tossed the timing belt the first 2 miles i drove it when it was bought, so i don't count it.. lol. and i am normally a subaru guy (lifts and all) but i just picked up an 87' 2dr, 4cyl, 5-speed the other day.. runs great, was taken care of pretty well.. frame and undercarraige is 100% rust free.. body is clean, just needs a paint job.. its nice enough i figure i'll fix it up some, add some things it didn't come with (E model). i'll have to get some pics and post one up to..

Wow, tossed the T-belt that soon after you bought it? Hope you got your money back for that one. Welcome to our community!

*edit for typing with fat fingers. :doh:

i didn't bother it was a $100 rig.. i got more for takin it to the scrapper after i parted it out.. was no problem (this was years and years ago)

and heres some pics of the 87' i have now.. all original, only thing thats not is the wheels/tires/stereo/alarm. 30x9.50 15 bfg mud terrains.. its got new brakes, ball joints, tie rod ends, etc already.. factory rubber mat in the whiole truck (no carpet yay!) manual everything, no cruise, no rear wiper, no ac.. pretty basic truck (e model i am sure) but everything works, the vinyl seats are even nice under the covers. (i really don't like the seats tho). i'm doin door hinge pins today (easy job), i've ordered new door handles (pass side broken) and it will prolly go in for a new exhaust system this week (hangers are busted)

i'd like to find a light bar, pushbar/brush gaurd, and do the spare tire mount mod. and of course it'll get a paint job come summer time. and i need to find the roof rack cross bars.

DSC02677.jpg

DSC02678.jpg

DSC02683.jpg

DSC02684.jpg

last 2 are of the frame/rear end behind the rear tires. the other reason i bought it. 100% rust free, nice and solid

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02682.jpg

Edited by kodi3482

1st, welcome

2nd, might want to send a pm to ctpathy, he has a factory targa bar (2 door specific factory roof mount light bar) http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31960

3rd, I'll look (at some point) as I may have some spare roof rack cross bars-at least the low roof protection ones (not the taller ones) from the collection of roof racks I will honestly have no use for (if I didn't already throw them away/beat something with them)

Finally, if you want to install a factory tire carrier, trust me when I say just buy the kit for the internal bracing/mounting brackets that go on the inside quarter panel...

Interesting for it being such a stripper package that it has a factory chrome front bumper

1st, welcome

2nd, might want to send a pm to ctpathy, he has a factory targa bar (2 door specific factory roof mount light bar) http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=31960

3rd, I'll look (at some point) as I may have some spare roof rack cross bars-at least the low roof protection ones (not the taller ones) from the collection of roof racks I will honestly have no use for (if I didn't already throw them away/beat something with them)

Finally, if you want to install a factory tire carrier, trust me when I say just buy the kit for the internal bracing/mounting brackets that go on the inside quarter panel...

Interesting for it being such a stripper package that it has a factory chrome front bumper

thanks, i just looked at a 4 door in the jy here.. it would deffinitely be easier to buy the brackets for the tire carrier. i almost took the tire carrier in the jy but it was bent :/. and someone had a deposit down on the cloth seats that woulda matched color wise. although the one in the JY did have the rear disc on it still. but i'ma leave that alone for now..

any roof crossbars would be awesome..

let me know on them if ya have some.

thanks