LOCKERS

918pathy

What is a easy way to tell if you have a rear locker? I was on a dirt road today and i gave the truck a little throtle from a stand still and had a "rooster tail" flying from both rear tires. Would that be cuz it has a locker or is that a normal thing with the LSD

I'm pretty sure you just have a LSD. It's very common on our trucks. Hell sometimes you get lucky and have that happen even with an open dif. If there is no sticker on the dif the says LSD then jack the rear end up and spin one tire. If the other tire spins in the same direction you have a LSD. If it goes backward you have an open dif.

Most of the lockers out there make a clunking noise when turning. It's the locker disengaging and allowing one tire to spin faster than the other. If you've never heard this you more than likely don't have a locker.

If you don't have a lsd though is not a downfall( at least if you plan on installing a locker) since some lockers require you to have to open diff for install like a (Detroit locker) if you have a open diff its $450 for the internal unit if you have a lsd you will need the complete unit for $650.