exhaust options?!

kefferjoe

I have a 50s series flowmaster....it doesn't have the aggressive growl I was hoping it would have. Is there any other mufflers that people tried that they liked and sounded nice....im not worried about the hp or torque gains just a clean aggressive sound. Plus I don't want to spend more than 200. Any info is great thanks!

In my experience with VG engines, you will either be on the raspy side or on the quiet side and there is nothing in between. The 50 so far worked best for me in achieving a balance. After the muffler, in the tailpipe, you will need to add a resonator to make it quieter or a larger tip to make it more aggressive sounding and that's it. Adding a catalytic converter before the muffler will deepen the sound but your model probably has the pre-cats so not much to be done there.

• Like 1

i used a flowmaster super 40 8525454

i tried finding videos of it, but it has been a long time since i had my pathy. here's what i have...

from the drivers side window

th_P1080244.jpg

th_P1080245.jpg

I like how the camera was shaky at 0mph, but it was solid and steady at 90mph.

That's a pretty nice sound by the way.

Kefferjoe, do you have anything except the flowmaster muffler? Headers perhaps? or are you not allowed to do that because of the pre-cats? Sounds like that would mess your emissions up pretty badly.

The cats are stock all the piping after that is in the stock formation but it is after market. The pipes go into and dual outlet dual inlet 50s series flowmasterand then to 18inch long resonated 4inch tips.

I cut the old muffler out under the drivers side where it's still dual pipes, had to get adaptors cause the muffler I got is 2.5" in and out. To do dual out the pipes run over the axle like normal, but you'll have to take your spare out so you have room for the pipes to come out the back, unless you want them out the side behind the tires.

And my pathy was a 3 3, just imagine how much more it could be with the 3.5 look on google and youtube for pathfinder exhaust, quite a few custom jobs upthere , but none with the super 40