93 SE oil pan cover?

93pathyfan

I notice that my front skid plate (cover) seems to end just as my oil pan appears. Is there an aftermarket cover available for the oil pan? Anybody ever damage their oil pan with rocks? Thanks!

uhh...? your front differential should be RIGHT under your oil pan. Besides that, you have the crossmember and the transmission in the way. It would be very hard to damage your oil pan, but some people have talent. strange-car-accidents-01.jpg

I agree that it is lame the skid plate doesn't cover the oil pan. I plan to make up a piece that covers it properly. It's not going to be TOO easy to wreck it as is, but if you drop down onto a rock you could pierce the part that hangs down. I would replace the oem skid plate with something stronger too...

I agree that it is lame the skid plate doesn't cover the oil pan. I plan to make up a piece that covers it properly. It's not going to be TOO easy to wreck it as is, but if you drop down onto a rock you could pierce the part that hangs down. I would replace the oem skid plate with something stronger too...

Anything is possible. Definitely. And it IS a bit silly that the plate doesn't cover the oil pan. If it doesn't cover the oil pan, than what is it there for? What's it protecting? A sway bar and a stabilizer?

thinking about it..that would have to be one heck of a rock. If you hit the pan on a rock, wouldn't the motor mounts absorb <some> of the impact? They do have some give. The engine might tilt and the rock would slide right off?

skid plate protects two cross members, and your anti sway bar. My oil pan has a couple dents in it, but no punctures. You would have to be pretty unlucky to come down on it hard enough to puncture, but it is possible with the right obstacle I'm sure!

skid plate protects two cross members, and your anti sway bar. My oil pan has a couple dents in it, but no punctures. You would have to be pretty unlucky to come down on it hard enough to puncture, but it is possible with the right obstacle I'm sure!

my transmission pan had a nasty gash (not punctured), but it still worked. I think the pans are actually a lot thicker metal than you would think