IDLE AIR CONTROL

918pathy

Hello, everybody Iam a newbie here, and i just aquired a 1995 Pathfinder SE 4x4 for $850.00 it runs pretty good and everything works....BUT sometimes at a idle the RPMs will go up and down like the engine is going to cut out. My frien who is a mechanic said it was probably the IDLE AIR CONTROL he said just pull it off and clean it, my question would carberator cleaner work for that? and is it possiable for anther member on this site to post a "pic" of where it is located and offer any suggestions or insight on this problem. Thank you very much in advance for any advice.

it also does not have a front sway bar on it is that going to be a major issue? and it is preety squeaky on the front passenger side so i think the bushings need replaced

uh...you should probably get a sway bar on there. or not if you don't like to be able to handle or turn at all

uh...you should probably get a sway bar on there. or not if you don't like to be able to handle or turn at all

it does not steer to bad without it, just leans a little more than normal on turns so i just try to take it slow. I did find one at salavage yard near me for 16.50

Mine had the same fluctuating idle issue, only the engine did cut out (often in traffic). I never figured out just what was causing it, but messing with the intake seemed to fix it, leading me to suspect an air leak somewhere, or a poorly seated connector for the throttle position sensor or mass air flow. I packed both connectors (they looked fine) with dielectric grease and have had no trouble with it since, so... :shrug:

And welcome, there's a ton of good info here. :)

Mine had the same fluctuating idle issue, only the engine did cut out (often in traffic). I never figured out just what was causing it, but messing with the intake seemed to fix it, leading me to suspect an air leak somewhere, or a poorly seated connector for the throttle position sensor or mass air flow. I packed both connectors (they looked fine) with dielectric grease and have had no trouble with it since, so... :shrug:

And welcome, there's a ton of good info here. :)

thanks for the info i will check those parts and clean them as well