need urgent help

1994SEV6

I need to know the specifications of the flywheel bolts for the manual transmission. I think the seller forgot to include them in the sale. He might not have. He gave me a bucket of bolts. None if them seem to fit the crank. Does anyone have a bolt laying around for a picture? The auto flywheel bolts are too short

just figure out which size bolt it is, the picture looks like fine thread pitch for that size in metric and looks to be about what 30mm from the ruler in the pic? make sure it's grade 10.9 if you buy bolts that aren't OEM.

• Like 1

This is what they look like. I don't know the thread because my tools are at another house with a customer's Mercedes, otherwise I'd check. They are unique to the flywheel so no mixing and matching unfortunately.

DSCN0954.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks a lot. I was on my phone last night and this whole project has turned into the most awful situation. I don't even know if I want to do it anymore. On top of that, the seller just didn't feel like giving me the flywheel bolts, even though he said he included them.

I just don't even know what to do. The dealers want $9, $5, and $9 a piece. I called 3 dealers. Even $5 for a bolt is extreme. Even if I felt like paying $30 for 6 bolts, they wouldn't even be here until Thursday.

I guess I'm going to the junkyard in dire hopes of finding some bolts.

Kingman, I want to especially thank you for the picture. It helped a lot. The seller just gave me a huge bucket of bolts. Trans bolts, crossmember bolts, torsion bars, interior screws and nuts. It was just a big jumble.

What did you mean "they are unique to the flywheel. No mixing and matching"? What does that mean? I can't mix and match A/T flywheel bolts and M/T? I know that.

Nefarious, thanks for the link to Courtesy Nissan in Texas. Surprisingly, they actually have the cheapest prices. Too bad shipping is $10, and they wouldn't even be here until thursday.

This is what they look like. I don't know the thread because my tools are at another house with a customer's Mercedes, otherwise I'd check. They are unique to the flywheel so no mixing and matching unfortunately.

DSCN0954.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg

Do those bolts say '21' on them? Never seen that before. Are those factory bolts?

Personally I would just buy the right bolts from the dealer. $30 is a drop in the bucket for this sort of thing IMHO.

Yeah. When I posted my last post about the cost, that was about 6 hours ago. I had talked to Alkorahil, or Rob, at FactoryNissanParts. He gave me a pretty respectable price. It was like $30. At this point, it isn't even about the money, I just need those things as soon as possible. He said I could expect them on Monday. Not the day after tomorrow.

A few hours ago, I called one of the local dealers that I had called before. I got lucky enough to be connected to a very helpful employee who actually did his job a lil bit. He told me he could match the price of $3.50 per bolt and he could do one-day shipping for an extra 10%. All in all, I think he quoted me like $21 to have them on Tuesday. That sounds awesome, but I don't know how true it is. I don't want to be a pessimist or anything, but can they do that? If FactoryNissanparts, or Courtesy Nissan of Texas can't do that, then why can my local dealer that isn't even dedicated to Nissan? I think it's an Acura dealer..

Pretty much, I guess I'm saying that I really hope that the guy wasn't BS'ing me, or just telling me something I wanted to hear.

I get wholesale prices at my local dealership for being a frequent customer. The prices are often very close to Courtesy Parts' offerings. No reason why your local dealer can't do the same.

I was thinking the same. I brought this up and I was a little firm about it. Not like *mumble mumble* "some other dealers said they could do $3.50 per bolt for me". He tried to tell me that since it was such a small order he couldn't give me wholesale prices. He actually said "Well, if this was like $1,000 or something, then I could do you a favor, but since this is so small I can't do anything for you." LOL wtf? I'll order on Monday and hope to get a different guy who doesn't serve BS for his job.