Hello from Atlanta

E_ROCK

New member here and I just wanted to say a quick hello. I’m getting my first Pathfinder next month (a 1999 LE, black exterior & tan interior) and I’m pretty excited about it as my new daily driver. It will be replacing my 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan and will handle camping and getting a little dirty much better than the G35.

I’ve been reading this forum for about a month before joining/posting and from the info I’ve gathered, I’ll keep the PFinder lift conservative and only go with the 2” AC coils when I need new tires, which will be a set of 33x10,5 BFG ATs on the stock 15” wheels, though I’ll push them out a little with a set of spacers. I plan on replacing the struts/shocks/hubs/etc. at the same time from one of the vendors I’ve used over the years. Again, the PFinder will be my daily driver with occasional light trial/camping duties so I want to keep it relatively stock, other than upgrading the head unit to a double-din GPS/DVD, so no SAS for me. This is the look I’m going for: (01silverpathy’s pic - hope okay to reference)

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr355/01Silvapathy/pathy2inlift33spainted.jpg

For serious wheeling, I’ll be turning to my Jeep. It’s a 1997 TJ that I stretched to LJ body specs. It has 1-ton axles (D60 front & 14B rear, both Detroit locked), 42” Pit-Bull Rockers, double triangulated 4-link rear, 3-link front, 700R4 Monster trans and an Atlas 3.8. I’m almost finished with that build and I’ve done all the work/fab myself except for a few pre-made axle/frame brackets. I really hope it hits the trails soon! The last time it saw dirt it was on 35” BGF MTs with a D44 rear & HPD30 front. Here’s a picture from when it first rolled out of the garage under its own weight earlier this year:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5293/5544187217_f004321326_z.jpg

Aside from the Jeep, I’ve really be a Nissan guy my whole life. I’ve had 1997 & 2001 Maximas and the Infiniti mentioned earlier, which I all loved. My brother has a 2003 Maxima and his wife has a 2009 or 2010 Xterra.

Anyway, I hope you guys let me hang out here from time to time. I’m no stranger to fab work and trying to make things fit/work “just because” but still learning all the PFinder specs. One of the topics I’ve been researching is a rear disc conversion as I hate drum brakes. I think nobody is making a kit or has done this successfully correct? I might look into fabbing something up once I can tear that axle apart. I also want to look into replacing the 1999 tail lights with 2002 tail lights.

Cheers,

Edited by E_ROCK
Displayed the linked photos

Howdy and welcome!! I'm not really a Jeep fan due to everyone having one and people buying one with all the options and thinking that they are a wheeler now but I must say, I like the look of your project Jeep and it sounds like a beast!! :aok:

It sounds like you did your homework and know what you want to do to the Pathy but any custom fabbing is good too. We've all got different ideas and skill sets to offset the lack of aftermarket support...

B